• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Continued...

13873018594_6ed88f30c4_c.jpg

MustangRedbadge by Carl C Photography, on Flickr

13873020984_10ccd058c3_c.jpg

MustangRed by Carl C Photography, on Flickr

Turns out this guy is called Mark Dixon and drives for a well known truck company and has appeared on their tv show too ;)

13872680593_d705f47298_c.jpg

MADST by Carl C Photography, on Flickr

13872659835_c69018826d_c.jpg

BoostJunkyRSrear by Carl C Photography, on Flickr

13873048234_e11656b4a2_c.jpg

ChrisST by Carl C Photography, on Flickr

13872687893_c83cd35080_c.jpg

HydraGraphicsSTRED by Carl C Photography, on Flickr

There is a lot more still to edit etc but been busy with stock take at work so not got chance, hopefully get chance to sort the rest soon.

I hate to say it Carl but that processing is disgusting. What's with the OOF vignetting? Makes it look like you shot it with a milk bottle. There are some good angles in there but ruined by the processing and dare I say it watermark.

Sorry for the rant!

Harry.

• Like 1

I hate to say it Carl but that processing is disgusting. What's with the OOF vignetting? Makes it look like you shot it with a milk bottle. There are some good angles in there but ruined by the processing and dare I say it watermark.

Sorry for the rant!

Harry.

I thought, what a great thread, I'll stick some of mine up ... then I get to the last page and someone is laying into someone else's work ...

Pass.

Nice shot Arogon. Here's one I shot earlier with my Samsung Galaxy S2, the only tweaking was a bit of cropping on the right.

20140415_152247-1.jpg

• Like 1

I thought, what a great thread, I'll stick some of mine up ... then I get to the last page and someone is laying into someone else's work ...

Pass.

Well there is nothing wrong with the photos themselves, just the editing I was commenting on... The first mustang shot on the top of this page is top quality but the editing just does nothing for it! Radioactive grass is never a good thing :P 

Well there is nothing wrong with the photos themselves, just the editing I was commenting on... The first mustang shot on the top of this page is top quality but the editing just does nothing for it! Radioactive grass is never a good thing :P

Personally I don't feel it's for me to criticise, if it's to the owner's taste that's his business.

Personally I don't feel it's for me to criticise, if it's to the owner's taste that's his business.

You can improve your photography a lot through critique though, it's always good to get others opinions on your work.. Even if you ignore 90% of it the 10% you do listen do can have a big impact on your work.

It's choosing who to listen to!

You can improve your photography a lot through critique though, it's always good to get others opinions on your work.. Even if you ignore 90% of it the 10% you do listen do can have a big impact on your work.

It's choosing who to listen to!

Forgot you became a pro editor over night hazza! Its called trying different things instead of going the normal route.

Big watermark there for a reason the last batch I only did a small watermark the next thing I find out somebody has cropped it off and claimed it as their work. Not going to happen this time.

The customers are happy enough 37 a4 images sold is pretty good.

OK boys enough of the nasty stuff. Harry was merely giving critique.

I would agree that his words are a bit harsh and that his critique could have been displayed in a more balanced manner.

I would tend to agree though with his feelings. If me I would probably pull back on the heavy vignette and saturated colours. I can seed that you are trying to get the cars to pop (maybe HDR) style but also applying a tilt shift effect. The tilt shift would be good for a big car scene but for individuals I'm not sure it has the same impact. Carl - congrats on getting sales out of these. I presume it's the respective owners of the cars that are buying. This is good but REMEMBER - these people probably have no photographic knowledge or experience so will probably like most things you produce. If you were to take that batch of images to a panel of pro's as a potential portfolio they would probably give you a hefty list of things you have done wrong.

I'm not saying this to try dissuade you, merely to offer suggestions about trying other forms of processing (if needed at all).

Edited by stupar

Flutterby because i like them .... 

u8oALvH.jpg

400mm telescope test image 100% cropping ( not bad no chroma/ pinking/blueing)

HqAQLX8.jpg

and last off my mate steve ( he gets bolder every day )

JSFOYWb.jpg

steve is a bit noisey, i had to ramp saturation in canon software to max, its then a light bulb light up,

was not using pre-set one and maxed out saturation channel ( have found the 350d  needs max saturation boost now)

but all my new images have more depth and color tone / tone to them.

Edit, and question. 

can you guys tell me what color plumage the bird has, to me the yellow has a green to it ?

and the blue sky more a purpblue ( new monitor and its being an anormous hole to calibration )

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Harry, still no straight horizons, but I like #2! :D

Chuckles 

am going first and second, they both sweet, first i like because you have that exhaust heat haze

second is just an awesome car and a nice angle.

thank you rich, will have a little play some more, blues are a slight purple here so more tweeking needed.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

2 and 4. 

Not sure if I want to post my Donny shots now.

Well, maybe 2 to start with:

Rob Austin, Tim Harvey and Hunter Abbott at the Rob Austin Racing Members Meeting on Saturday:

20140419_184242-1.jpg

And your friendly neighbourhood Wookie in his RAR beanie:

20140420_160457.jpg 

Very happy to let you all know that I'm now the Photography Champion at Triggertrap! If you've not heard of them, check them out! At some point I will probably be looking for guys who want to test timelapse/high speed kit etc, so watch this space!

• Like 1

Very happy to let you all know that I'm now the Photography Champion at Triggertrap! If you've not heard of them, check them out! At some point I will probably be looking for guys who want to test timelapse/high speed kit etc, so watch this space!

Me me me me me me me me me.

Oh and congratulations :)

• Like 1

to late already running timelapse tests rich lol hehehehe,

using the cheapy like a gopro but not a go pro. 

anyways, wildlife photography , pick your brains ....... 

i want garden like realistic setting, do i shoot in my garden as it is,

or set up a Living studio area, ie

plant up specific areas to cover the urban like setting.

add false fences /perches, or go with the usual means plastic and metal feeders.

or do i go more natural type feeders like the birdbox style/birdhouse style things. 

Distance, im shooting with a 90-300mm , tripod based with poslarizing filtering to cut window glare ( not so nice days when windows are shut).

so my distance is 14ft -25ft max , and all natural light. the suns always behind my shoulders  ( good or bad ? ) so subjects will have sun 24/7

from sunrise to sunset ( golden hour included )

now whats your thoughts on this guys, is it kind of wrong to fake a setting / fake natures natural look.

if i use whats at hand now its just a dirty brown wooden fence as a backdrop with a scattering of stinging nettles

not an attractive backdrop or setting .

ideas / advice would be lovely. 

Triggertrap lets you do cool stuff on your SLR, via your mobile. Also does Bramping, star trail, Long Exposure HDR Timelapses, all that good stuff.

I think a lot of people fake their gardens for wildlife. That or have a feeding post a good distance from the fence, so you can through it way out of focus.