• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Good work - can't see the join. Just a bit of distortion to the left (last tree). Don;t know if the PS merge has different methods of merging that might reduce this?? (Cylindrical, rectilinear, etc)>

Starting to think I might struggle with just a single image from now.... :xd:

yeh i do all my panos in this way... take a look here (my website i have all but forgotten about) images on the 2nd line 1st image, 3rd line 3rd image and 6th line 2 image are all between 3 & 4 shots all merged using PS. Does all that i need. :)

• Like 2

yeh i do all my panos in this way... take a look here (my website i have all but forgotten about) images on the 2nd line 1st image, 3rd line 3rd image and 6th line 2 image are all between 3 & 4 shots all merged using PS. Does all that i need. :)

you have some truley amazing pics ther niall on your website! i like very much :thumbsup:

edit, off to london in a few hours so have fun without me for a week! i really want to try a giga pano of the houses of parliament :whistling: and tone up on my HDR :) think ill be using mostly my 18-55mm really doubt my 55-250mm will get much use, and the nifty will get some use as a lot of my family in law want portraits after seeing some of my pics lol

Edited by Tingting44
  • Like 1

well what a good day!!!

going away tomorrow for a couple of days, so thought I would sort the camera out and clean the lenses

managed to drop my nikon 18-55 af , now in 3 bits with bit snapped!! FML :shockingscary:

just got another of the flea bay

Edited by teddyt

well what a good day!!!

going away tomorrow for a couple of days, so thought I would sort the camera out and clean the lenses

managed to drop my nikon 18-55 af , now in 3 bits with bit snapped!! FML :shockingscary:

just got another of the flea bay

ouch! think i would be pretty gutted if any of my lenses broke but my 18-55 is 80% of my pics so would kill me lol although it would be a good excuse to finally get the 18-50 2.8 iv been wanting :)

a couple from today (taken with the 18-55 lol)

8132549550_e9a2f25aa2_z.jpg

*** by niallrbroome, on Flickr

8132650049_27b8ceb512_z.jpg

8132644629_e22e2fce4a_z.jpg

8132757844_138c298394_z.jpg

Spooky Woods by niallrbroome, on Flickr

8132738129_892b930a52_z.jpg

thanks

• Like 1

ouch! think i would be pretty gutted if any of my lenses broke but my 18-55 is 80% of my pics so would kill me lol although it would be a good excuse to finally get the 18-50 2.8 iv been wanting :)

thanks

your a swine sir!!!! :whistling:

thanks

your a swine sir!!!! :whistling:

Been messing about with my flash whilst I'm waiting on all my macro bits to arrive from HK

Bought a clip on diffuser from eBay for $4.19 shipped :thumbsup:

diff.JPG

And compared it with the flash-mounted diffuser and the flash 'naked'

pop.JPG

Flash and camera settings same for all three shots, naked flash close up doesn't light bottom of the frame (all uncropped) so well, lens was at full zoom and as far away as to focus, 16-18"

Comparisons;

Standard flash

Built-in flash diffuser

eBay diffuser

flash1.JPG

pop1.JPG

diff1.JPG

flash2.JPG

pop2.JPG

diff2.JPG

And finally, ceiling bounce;

bounce.JPG

Edited by TWINSET

Also had a play with an old diffuser and the pop-up flash

ball0.JPG

Bare flash

noball.JPG

Diffused

ball.JPG

Had to mod the hotshoe mount though, to stop it from activating the flash override switches in the hotshoe

Cut the plastic away inside the L shaped line

ballmod.JPG

Hotshoe switch

trigger.JPG

Edited by TWINSET

well Fedex has turned out top trumps.

had the pano head delivered about 10 mins ago, looks the the head unit will accept,

standard sized tripod/camera screw fitting( i hope),

just have to grab a powertank and some cables to run the camera software pc link.

unit takes 8x AA cells or a 12v supply so a tank is the better option lol

4.0kg weight limit on the head to is not bad at all, my 1000mm scope and 350d mounted weigh in at under 3kg

should be up and running over the weekend will try get a few setup snaps but will be from the mobile cam

not the 350D.

• Like 2

Hi guys on my way back home tomorrow so will be sifting through some decent pics I hope, not got as many pics as I'd like but it's Hard going round London with 7 kids in tow lol I'd love to get a faster 18-55mm as that's all I've used this past week, I love this kit lens tho, I've heard bad things about them but it's done be great from my 1000d, just let me down a few times not being able to shoot as fast as I'd like...

yippee!!!

my new 18-55 lense has come :thumbsup:

Nice one! What lens is it? I've been using the 18-55mm for the past week I been in London and my 55-250 and nifty fifty has not even seen the day of light! If I were to upgrade one lens it would be the this one

well Fedex has turned out top trumps.

had the pano head delivered about 10 mins ago, looks the the head unit will accept,

standard sized tripod/camera screw fitting( i hope),

just have to grab a powertank and some cables to run the camera software pc link.

unit takes 8x AA cells or a 12v supply so a tank is the better option lol

4.0kg weight limit on the head to is not bad at all, my 1000mm scope and 350d mounted weigh in at under 3kg

should be up and running over the weekend will try get a few setup snaps but will be from the mobile cam

not the 350D.

Excellent news buddy! I'd be leaving an online review to warn others.

As for a power tank you want to get the maplins car battery charger thingy (sorry I don't know the proper name on stupid iPad at the mo so can't grab a link to it either :( but I got it for my telescope and me and dtokez took it out for an all nighter star session and it lasted the whole night with the azgoto mount and was only down to about 75% by the morning, I'm really impressed with it and only

Hi rc4 I like your long exposure pic (1st one), I tried to get a long exposure of a few of the locks along the Thames but I had no stoppers and I have not made up anything to use my welding glass, so with the aperture set to 32 ISo 100 the longest exposure I could get was 1/8th :( and could not get any of the water to go like that smooth creamy look lol :( did you use any stoppers rc4? Or was it just a very dark spot under tree cover that allowed you to get a nice long exposure?

Hi rc4 I like your long exposure pic (1st one), I tried to get a long exposure of a few of the locks along the Thames but I had no stoppers and I have not made up anything to use my welding glass, so with the aperture set to 32 ISo 100 the longest exposure I could get was 1/8th :( and could not get any of the water to go like that smooth creamy look lol :( did you use any stoppers rc4? Or was it just a very dark spot under tree cover that allowed you to get a nice long exposure?

Thanks Ting :)

didn't use any stoppers although I should of really :whistling:

It was however a very dull day and i was under tree cover so not all bad. For a first attempt I thought they were OK but any tips would be great :good: