• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Really? Hm. I've never had a problem with it - it's Dropbox. I think MSUK downsizes though? So maybe its the forum shrinking them badly?

Ps. I'll reply to your email when my head stops swimming. Still sick!

Edited by richhrly
  • Like 1

My 5 Important things to learn in Photoshop

1) Adobe Camera Raw

2) Curves (and how to colour correct)

3) Layer masks

4) Paths

5) How to sharpen without everything turning to hell

great start rich!! now to do a nice guide on these 5 :yes::thumbsup: lol

• Like 1

I've still got a 90% completed guide type thing on photography I need to finish...

Those guides would have to be videos. You could find them online anyway, or I could whip some up when I'm home in December. Got an 8 week extension at Which? so my plans have changed quite a bit.

I've still got a 90% completed guide type thing on photography I need to finish...

Those guides would have to be videos. You could find them online anyway, or I could whip some up when I'm home in December. Got an 8 week extension at Which? so my plans have changed quite a bit.

nah i was only messing rich, like u say its not hard to google them :) nice with the which extension btw, all going good then, how are you liking bossing tog's around :xd:

nice rich :)

with you mentioning ACR, ive been watching a few vids of the new ACR 7.0 and i have to say im liking it very much compared to my older ACR. is anyone using ACR in PS CS5? as ive been reading there is a few issues? id love to get the newer version? just really liking the work flow with 7.0 from what i have been watching tonight

I used ACR in PS5 but as yet have not come across any glitches.

Sadly if you want the latest ACR you will need to get PS6

Sent using Resurrection Remix JB ROM & DorimanX Kernalled SG2

arghhh what a bummer! thank you stupar buddy

New0027.jpg

HELP !!!!

guys what are these things in my image ?. i took 4 shots via long exposure and each shot has these funny sprites.was trying out the 50mm

no dirty/bunnys on sensor and/or lens. i also checked the rear lens cell and it to is clean and free from dust.

any ideas what is happening ? how i can stop it ?

image looks fuzzy even though i used auto focus and had a full green go icon in viewfinder

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Do you mean the 'rays' at the top left?

They look like extra rays from the streetlights - if I put a ruler against them, they all radiate from one of the lights

Is it to do with the front element being domed and parabolics n stuff?

New0027.jpg

Edited by TWINSET

maybe the 50mm is not so good at long exposure unless its pitch black.

gutted but thats the way the cookie goes. and DPP is not letting me set coma correction etc etc,

or even registering the 50mm lens data.

no filter rich just bare glass, also no lens hood

could not having a lens hood be throwing light into the lens and causing the flare/sprites

heres the exif data from raw

F11.0

ISO 400

Focal length 50mm

exposure bias 0

exposure time 30s

no flash

sRGB color spacing

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

It's not the fact it's a long exposure, it's to do with the angle of the lens to the light.

Some lenses flare more when stopped down - might be worth looking at it at F1.8 and F20 or however far it goes. I think the main issue is the angle though.

It's not the fact it's a long exposure, it's to do with the angle of the lens to the light.

Some lenses flare more when stopped down - might be worth looking at it at F1.8 and F20 or however far it goes. I think the main issue is the angle though.

thank you rich and Andy

Now to hope of clearer skys and a lift down into the valley.