• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Managed to get a few of the red kite at the weekend, she was a bit far away even with the 90-300mm but i tried :) oh and the moon was out :confused:

BBQweekend017.jpg

BBQweekend018.jpg

BBQweekend019.jpg

BBQweekend021.jpg

BBQweekend023.jpg

BBQweekend024.jpg

BBQweekend025.jpg

BBQweekend026.jpg

BBQweekend030.jpg

BBQweekend031.jpg

BBQweekend008.jpg

i wish i had one your size fella!!!

TWSS!

love the first shot Andy :thumbsup: And Rich although I'm a black and white whore I think the colour pips the B&W, only just though :whistling: Still a great shot and something to aspire to.

Anyway, I've been doing some horsey "work" lately (well, I did get paid in beer :lol: ) Here's some of my better shots:

7295860322_3ec2c6b113_z.jpg

Harry by Measurez, on Flickr

7279947998_b3a9d5f508_z.jpg

Scutch by Measurez, on Flickr

7276112816_f5e985f6cc_z.jpg

Ricky by Measurez, on Flickr

There's a few more on my Flickr for anyone that likes horses... LOL.

could do with a bit of help on this one

i was down the beach the other day with the g/f and i tried to get a few action shots of jetski's but none of the turned out as bright as they should of.

it was about an hour from sunset but the sun was in the direction i was shooting

any way this is the pic

DSC_0306.jpg

any ideas where im going wrong

any ideas where im going wrong

I'd shoot at a slightly lower shutter speed (it'd give the photo more movement too), or increase the ISO a touch, not too much to keep the detail. Open the pic in WIndows Live Photo Gallery, click ''Fix'' at the top of the window, and move the ''Shadows'' slider a bit to the right, it'll remove some of the darkness from the dark colours.

• Like 1

Looks like its exposing for the water - not the rider. Water is perfectly exposed. Dial in a bit of exposure comp (best whilst shooting, but you can do it in post too) and you'll be fine!

Edited by halcalanky

I'd shoot at a slightly lower shutter speed (it'd give the photo more movement too), or increase the ISO a touch, not too much to keep the detail. Open the pic in WIndows Live Photo Gallery, click ''Fix'' at the top of the window, and move the ''Shadows'' slider a bit to the right, it'll remove some of the darkness from the dark colours.

just downloading now ill give it a shot

hey guys my remote shutter come for my DSLR today so i can do long bulb exposures now, i am going to attempt a long exposure tonight (through my telescope and not through the scope) any suggestions? id like to do like a 5 minute exposure but i got a big bright street lamp near to my back garden, not sure if this will mess things up?

Any light source exposed to the sensor for 5 mins will blow out in the shot if it is included in the frame. If it is close but not in the frame you may get some light pollution from it instead.

What is it exactly that you are trying to achieve from the long exposure as 5 mins is a heck of a long time.

Edited by stupar

the 5 min is going to be a struggle with the arc seconds the tracking has.

i would pull down to around 40-60 seconds see how it goes. then bump up if the light pollution is low.

being summertime heat is going to become a problem (amp glow + summer = nasty noise to capture rate)

do not forget a telescope acts like a big camera lens, and the fixed F5 of the scope is wide open,

its a fast scope in light gathering terms, so requires less exposure time.

i would say wanting a 5 min exposure that tingting is on the hunt for DSO (deep sky objects )

thanks guys for the help, i am trying to shoot the planet saturn and its moons, i got some half decent pics last night, just trying to get my head around how to align with registax to start stacking as it will not let me stack :( ?

the 5 min exposure was really just a stab in the dark lol im really new to this, so do you think i should go for around say 1 minute exposure to try to capture the wonder that is saturn? sorry for kinda taking this thread off topic also

shooting even at 60s is to slow.

your really want to be shooting quick around 1/50 - 1/2000

i fell for the same thing, because the sky is dark you should expose longer. for stars and widefield shots that is fine.

But shooting the planets is different. even a long widefield shot of planet will show it over exposed.

for a full moon your looking at around 1/500 to 1/4000, more toward the faster end at 4000. your seeing the sun reflected.

same as all the other planets they reflect the sun light so become very bright. long exposing an already bright surface just makes it worse.

but shorten the exposure and the planet/object starts to have contrast.

planets = fast shutter speeds.( a few billion km's away)

stars /nebula/galaxys/widefield = slow shutter speeds ( a few million AU/lightyears away)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

thanks tam! thats pretty much nailed it in my brain now!! absolutely cracking info my friend!!!! :) i just cant wait for a clear sky now lol i will defo be out and about for the queens weekend with my cam snapping all i can lol (1st time my cam will have left my house! well apart from my garden lol)