• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

couldnt find anything for my 40d, went to look at cannon firmware hack,

but nobody is touching the code for some reason ( same chipset as the 5dmk1)

found others for the 5d and likes, but somethings saying in my head its a bad idea

to flash my cards and try installing the firmware hack.

going to save a couple pennys and grab another remote trigger ( 350D one will not fit, different plug design)

most best news is now my canon software works, plug the 350D in and nothing auto runs.

plug in the 40d and the computer fires up canon dp - and autoshoot functions.

should be good to hook the camera to computer and then onto my motor head and shortube scope.

all the buttons have changed to lol. takes me 40m to set the camera up, then a second or so to take the shot lol.

dissapointment that the flash does notmake a woosh sound when it flips open like a star trek /starwars spacestation door.

otherwise did i mention its huge, the 350D fitted my hands perfect, the 40D is like trying to hold a mountain

dissapointment that the flash does notmake a woosh sound when it flips open like a star trek /starwars spacestation door.

otherwise did i mention its huge, the 350D fitted my hands perfect, the 40D is like trying to hold a mountain

You're lucky - my flash only pops up if it was previously pushed down with my right hand - there must be something bent on the release mechanism but I'm not taking it back for that

If you want to make it even bigger, get a grip :thumbsup:

My 650D feels strangely small in comparison

You're lucky - my flash only pops up if it was previously pushed down with my right hand - there must be something bent on the release mechanism but I'm not taking it back for that

If you want to make it even bigger, get a grip :thumbsup:

My 650D feels strangely small in comparison

on my wanted list.

my battery was bad, but good old Wex replaced it with two spares for me free of charge,

been to cold to use the camera and the wildlife wont play ball and visit the garden. 

But i upgraded the home made bird feeder to a propper bird  house table,

bigger platform = more food choice = more birds was the thinking.

• Like 1

So then, a friend of mine is creating a website for someone. Its a restaurant and he would like some pictures of the outside for the website, and has asked if he could borrow me and my camera as I have the only decent camera in that he knows of. Problem is its a pretty unremarkable building, nothing special about it, usually would go unnoticed. So the question is, how can you take an appealing picture of an uninteresting building? I have told him there is probably nothing that I can do, but he seems to insist I give it a try. 

So then, a friend of mine is creating a website for someone. Its a restaurant and he would like some pictures of the outside for the website, and has asked if he could borrow me and my camera as I have the only decent camera in that he knows of. Problem is its a pretty unremarkable building, nothing special about it, usually would go unnoticed. So the question is, how can you take an appealing picture of an uninteresting building? I have told him there is probably nothing that I can do, but he seems to insist I give it a try. 

Lighting. 

That's pretty ace, Harry!

Find an angle Danny. Something unusual, but not too off putting. You often can't light the outside of a building, so time your trip to coincide with some nice light. Winter light is low, so use that to your advantage if you can. Try to keep verticals vertical, and horizons straight - unless you're deliberately off angle, but it needs to be clear - and for a reason.

Lighting. 

That's pretty ace, Harry!

Find an angle Danny. Something unusual, but not too off putting. You often can't light the outside of a building, so time your trip to coincide with some nice light. Winter light is low, so use that to your advantage if you can. Try to keep verticals vertical, and horizons straight - unless you're deliberately off angle, but it needs to be clear - and for a reason.

i agree with both, particularly the low sun type of thing, that lights up some really good buildings :)

id also look at some modes on the camera like sepia or what ever you got that you think will make it look better

i agree with both, particularly the low sun type of thing, that lights up some really good buildings :)

id also look at some modes on the camera like sepia or what ever you got that you think will make it look better

Personally I'd really not go for the second one. Filters can make or break an image, and doing it in camera means you can't remove it later. Shoot clean, preferably unbiased (ie, dont push the saturation or contrast in camera) RAWs or the highest quality JPG, and then do all the tweaking in post. Your computer is much more powerful than a camera, and non-destructive editing is a life-saver in these situations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been messing about with bokeh blobs after seeing them in the cow parsley pics

These are all done with 50mm reversed, forced perspective with no PP/PS except cropping

bok1.jpg

bok2.jpg

bok3.jpg

The blemishes are on the lens, they rotate as the lens in rotated on the body

bok4.jpg

Here's setup;

Light source is an LED on a card reader, about 2 foot from lens. Pliers, fingers etc. are pretty close to lens

bok5.jpg

Edited by TWINSET

• 2 weeks later...

10 seconds on Google Shopping ;)

http://www.fishpond.co.uk/Electronics/Adapter-Ring-for-Canon-FD-Lens-to-Nikon-F-Mount-Adapter-D5100-D5000-D3100-D3000-D700-DC182/9999985276456?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=ps&utm_campaign=UK

hi all trying to get my hands on a canon fd to nikon f mount adapter to fit a nikon f70 film camera link http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/filmcamera/slr/f70_f70d/

anyone know the best place to get? tryed ebay no good

dug theses off of a old hard drive. all pics were taken in my back garden no tripod used.  camera was a canon A40  just a pity that the roof tops were in the way.  lol   no fancy editing or anything. i really love the red sky ones.  i will try to dig out the rest.