• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RCSammys Rustler

rcsammy

Nice one on the mods Sammy,the idea is great but you may wanna get two strips of ally for the braces,those turnbuckles will still with the tower flex laterally at the rod ends,either that or get some alloy rod ends or double up with the towers.The shock positioning is spot on dude,well done.I think those Losi shocks look immense on that Rustler,just dont bend owt this weekend and stop trashing it before the bash... :lol:

thanks Mr T, yer the shocks are working perfect now :) the turnbuckles deffinatly does make it stiffer as i had to screw the rod ends in so far that its all seized up and the balls can hardly move :lol: but yer i might make an alloy one sometimes

i would like to make an aluminum shock tower and perhaps chassis and top plate sometime but need some more money and tools first

Sorry I meant ESC ;)

i will take it to the bash but wont be running it unless this one breaks, the one thats fitted is the older style so runs cooler

• 2 weeks later...

got a new shell for it painted up this weekend, its a nitro hawk shell, thought i would go for somthing a little different

i dont think it looks too bad, i did a stripe on the roof and back which didnt turn out too well so i removed them but it left some black smudges which are easily seen through the pink so i put some stickers over them :lol:

didnt come with window masks, stickers or overspray film so this is how it looked ready for painting :rolleyes:

DSC00157.jpg

painted

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

stickered up

DSC00160.jpg

cant brush this!

DSC00161.jpg

the front ones on mine wont fit the slash as they are nitro rustler rear arms

RPM make slash specific rear and front arms, RPM arms are just alot stronger, they are also lighter and have a lifetime warranty

the front ones on mine wont fit the slash as they are nitro rustler rear arms

RPM make slash specific rear and front arms, RPM arms are just alot stronger, they are also lighter and have a lifetime warranty

Ok thanks. Will get myself some slash ones. :good:

Looks awesome mate :good:

Thought you'd messed this shell up though? It's looking pretty neat to me, Look forward to seeing it at the next TM

i did but i ended up using some nail varnish remover and removing the mucked up stripes

they didnt come off completely and the pink really makes it show so now they look like ghost stripes, but i put some stickers over it and it looks fine :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

i have been annoyed with bending the stock hinge pins for a while now and the only upgrades are either lunsford titanium which use E clips, or the STRC polished steel pins which are hard to get hold of. i found some revo hingepins in my spares,

checked and they are the same diameter as rustler ones and seem alot stronger

the revo uses captured pins so they are just a shaft, no threads or slot for E clips so i cut them to length then drilled a small hole in the arm mounts and threaded a grub screw in, so now i can tighten the grub screw up on the pin to stop it sliding out

rear:

DSC00164.jpg

front:

DSC00165.jpg

got a new shell for it painted up this weekend, its a nitro hawk shell, thought i would go for somthing a little different

i dont think it looks too bad, i did a stripe on the roof and back which didnt turn out too well so i removed them but it left some black smudges which are easily seen through the pink so i put some stickers over them :lol:

didnt come with window masks, stickers or overspray film so this is how it looked ready for painting :rolleyes:

DSC00157.jpg

painted

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

stickered up

DSC00160.jpg

cant brush this!

DSC00161.jpg

i like your old one better ;)

• 4 weeks later...

You'll be able to make a super chassis with this Lexan i'm bringing you.Remind me about 4 or 5 days before the bash,its at my mates cos I forgot it the last time I was meant to be taking it home with me.Its looking good Sammy,you could always get a tap and die set and cut a thread on any pin thats the right diameter and use nylocks either end,uber secure.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

yo sammy, looks like im selling the MM now and i should be getting a MMM to go in the rustler either that or a 5s car esc.

how is the 9l holding up ? i was thinking of getting the 8l and running it on 5s for some speed runs with 36/20 gearing as i have my CRT and 8B for bashing now.

is the 9l good on 3s ? how do the bearings e.t.c seem to be fairing? also is that an rc-monster heatsink tucked in there? if so how did you get it to fit?

thanks richard

the 9L is running great, had it since around october, still on the same bearings and it runs smooth still

too much power really on 3S but thats what makes it fun :P yer thats a rcm heatsink, had to grind most of the fins off to get it to fit but the motor runs very cool anyway. its more to stop the ends popping off :lol:

have you tried running a BEC and extra caps? the guy i got my MM off used to run it on 5S and said he used the BEC, 4 extra caps and a fan to keep it cool. it was snellemin actually, you might of seen him around the rcm forums