• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with buying a monitor

yoclick

Im actually in search for a 22" Monitor for my room (which is small!) so i can hook up Xbox 360, Laptop and using a freeview card on my laptop, also have the ability to record and watch tv.

Obviously i want it as cheap as possible, and will probs spend

i have a multi monitor that i use for my pc and ps3, i think it was from argos it i has a component input, monitor input as well as a socket for an areial, rgb and a scart so you could hook up a freeview box to it, i'll see if i can find out what its called, it has kishu written on the front, cheap as chips but it accepts hd up to 1080i and looks ace on cod4 :D

In my opinion 1080p is a waste on such a small monitor and will be hardly much difference to 720p ( which most xbox 360 games are ) Obviously the die hards will tell you to get a 1080p and nothing else! and if you were on about a larger a tv I'd say the same to be fair.

You'll be lucky to find a good 22inch monitor/tv with hdmi, scart, and pc connections for

Thanks for the replies.

Basically I have no need for HDMI or Scart connections, just need VGA. My 360 is an oldey with no HDMI so will be connected via VGA. Laptop will also be connected via VGA and since il be watching TV through it, i wont need a freeview box hence scart is also pointless. Il just connect each one up when im using them.

Resolution, didnt think there was any point in going to 1080p. Was considering increasing my budget for one because unlike TV's where normally getting a 1080p at normal viewing distances is pointless, with this screen you will be sitting a lot closer. But if the difference is still marginal, theres no point!

Any recommendations on makes/stats/places to buy?

samsung syncmasters tv's/monitors are really good, the picture quality is alot better than alot of smaller lcd tv's i have the orignal 22" version thats only 1440x900 but its picture quality on pc games is alot better than alot of higher resoultion tv's. im about to buy the new samsung series 6 tv, il give u the verdict on that :) when i get it

adam