• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

7 and 8 cell packs?

chris1986

it seems modelsprt don't do them any more. i had the 8 cell batteries from them and they were great. not sure where to get them from now??? any ideas. must have the traxxas connectors. have seen some on ebay but they're from usa.

Modelsport has the 4500 7 cells powertech batteries with traxxas connectors in stock.I dont know of anywhere else in the uk that do batteries with traxxas connectors already fitted.I am going to go for the vapextech 8.4v 4600's for my e-maxx.they dont come with traxxas connectors but its prity easy to fit the traxxas ones.I have never done any soldering in my life but i managed to fit them after watching the video on the traxxas web site.

Get yourself on eBay and look up 'Vapextech' and choose a pack that suits you, I use the seller 'componentshop' and have had no bother

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/component-shop_Ra...6QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Then get yourself a couple of female TRX connectors and solder them on, or if you are really scared/inept or dont have the gear get someone who is savvy and has the kit to do it (a soldering iron and solder!!!!!!)

ash that looks like a good shop. do you know if they could make the packs as my other have 6 cells on the bottom then 2 ontop and they fit perfectly. only other ones i could find were 8.4v from usa

just been on the max amps site and they still seel them. are they usually good on delivery from there? have emailed about 5 ebay sellers to see what they say they sell. might have to get a new charger and go for the 9 cell

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=75

thanks for the help

Looks like they can make up any configuration you want....quoting from their listings.....

'We also offer a custom build service, so please ask if you can't find the lead or pack you need advertised. Even if we don't have it in stock, we can usually build one for you - just contact us with your requirements & we will get back to you soon.'