• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

- - Ziggy's Tidy that Punto Project - -

Ziggy122

Looks good,

I'd go for a panel filter if I were you over an induction kit, with the induction kit you'll get heat soak and also being a small engine won't see much performance wise.

I've got a 1.8 16v with K&N panel filter and it is a bit more flowing, but it really only notices more up in the revs. For the money though you cant complain :D

Get a better headunit, ripspeed ones use cheap internals, heard so many story's ofthem giving up!

Aren't you with Churchill? If so they don't like mods even if your 40. So you won't be able to declare anything

Mine seems strong :)

I've rumours about em yes

Worst comes to worst - i take it back (if warrenty stil applies or i get a new one)

And yeah - thats why there are cheapest around

There policy is soooo restrictive and limiting

Ziggy

K&N aren't recommended Full stop :P

I want sumet with high MPG tho

I cant change filter as such

Stock ones will be all i can have

When i get the dash sorted i will have MPG and a rev counter so i know what the engine IS doing

Even when the music is on NICE and LOUD :D (what? :S)

Ziggy

Well I don't see a problem wit hthe K&N panel filter, it was either that or pipercross panel filter for me. but K&N make them specific for your engine.

Also alot of people say an induction kit is only worth getting if its fully enclosed with a feed (so you dont get heat soak from engine temps) like a Viper kit, which are fairly expensive. I dont see the plus's on an induction kit unless you have a high power car thats got good bhp already/or a turbo. Unless you're just after the noise than any will do.

Had Some Mer Polish on the bonnet today :)

After its 3rd wash in the past 4 days! :o (dam tree's!!)

And it dont look too bad :)

Its managed to either mask or remove the swirls from been washed with a sponge

dsc00226ol9.jpg

dsc00227qq7.jpg

I decided to remove my badge and see to clean under it.... Good job i did tooo!!

dsc00223uz1.jpg

Looks almost demonic!!!

Anyway

I need a paint touch up kit

I' keep getting more and more dam stone chips :(

dsc00224lv0.jpg

dsc00225sp2.jpg

Tuesday im having the system Bled

and having the water sensor and thermostat housing seal replaced! :D

Ziggy

looking good ziggy but cleaning under the badge c'mon who can see underneath the badge lol you will be taking the number plates off and cleaning behind them aswell lol. anyways a nice touch up on the bonnet will have it looking smart. good work keep us all updated.

looking good ziggy but cleaning under the badge c'mon who can see underneath the badge lol you will be taking the number plates off and cleaning behind them aswell lol. anyways a nice touch up on the bonnet will have it looking smart. good work keep us all updated.

Im gonna get them done - as it a starting place for rust :(

Hey its weight off the car (A) Makes it go faster? rofl J/k!!

I need to get my rear wheel trims put back on - as it looks awful without them :(

Ziggy

Edited by Ziggy122

Im gonna get them done - as it a starting place for rust :(

Hey its weight off the car (A) Makes it go faster? rofl J/k!!

I need to get my rear wheel trims put back on - as it looks awful without them :(

Ziggy

lol ill go with you on that one less dirt = more power lol need all ya can get from your little 1.2 same goes for me lol

ahh cars look crap withough wheel trims real beaten up and rubbish before my corsa had some it looked terrible but looks like a decent motor now especially now its had a polish :)

Where the badge is, fill it with filler and smooth it off, a bit of primer, paint and lacquer and it will look great de-badged on the front :good:

I honestly dont like the smooth fronts

and i took it off :) TO look underneath it :)

I took the washers off as well :lol:

Im not smoothing the rear either... i personally think they look better with sumet to break it up with

Ziggy

Smoothed rears only work on very few cars really, it looks odd on most cars I think.

I dont like most cars that have been smoothed...

Dont look right....

Its tooo smooth.... However smooth siding a car can sometimes look pretty nice :)

ZIggy

Yeah they can if done right! I quite like having the door handles smoothed, looks a lot more sleek like that lol.

Door handles!! :| HOW DO U GET IN!! rofl

Anyway a little update! :)

Spent most of today sorting the water leak out - by god it was a task an a half!!

Anyway the thermostat housing and Water Sensor housing have now both been replaced and have formed a nice new seal!! :)

I've took the battery bar off - and cleaned that up :) Got rid of worst of rust

And sprayed with the spray paint

Looks nice :)

Will pop it back in tommorow

Its also off tommorow to have brakes checked/sorted :)

Ziggy

Got the car back today from the mechanics!!

Turns out i didnt have dodgey Hot/blue spot front disc's

However it was a bodge job done by a previos owner/mechanic on the rear drums

They brought 2 hlfs (same side halfs and put hlf on each side) if that makes sense

As a result i had 1 good pad and 1 nackered pad on each side, the nackered were down to the metal and bent to hell!!

So with a good set of rear drums, i went for a spin - and god its nice to have good brakes! The brakes have improved (as about 1/3 is done by the rear) and the mechanic was a great bloke and repositioned and lowered my dodgey Driver side suspension! :D

So no more Ka-doing noise when i stear :D

Next stop....

To consult the list to see what can be done!! :D

Ziggy

Edited by Ziggy122

how about polishing the tyers and remove every speck of dirt off the tyeres. strip the engine and clean it. errr how about driving it then cleaning it :P

how about polishing the tyers and remove every speck of dirt off the tyeres. strip the engine and clean it. errr how about driving it then cleaning it :P

I think doom has a tyre clean fetish :P

I think next stop is to spray the rims black again :) to make them shiny! :D

They are road discoloured and hinting of road grim attacking them!!

Put a little button under the wing mirror just like on my dad's TVR. Seen it done on a Mk3 Astra, works a treat :)

But you still have the door locks?

Or do you have to rely purly on a remote blipper?

or door poppers

Face it :P Im not risking putting buttons to open doors

Insurance would refuse me for a start :(

Ziggy

But you still have the door locks?

Or do you have to rely purly on a remote blipper?

Face it :P Im not risking putting buttons to open doors

Insurance would refuse me for a start :(

Ziggy

No locks at all, you reply on the button and the key fob thing!

Never failed in a 15 year old TVR, plus there's always the 'back-up' way in lol.

Took my car in today for its MOT :D

Passed with flying colours!! :D

except my headlights were apprently shooting pidgeons, but he sorted that out for me free :D

So the punto is good to go for another year! :D

TAX

MOT

Insurance all good to go for a long while! :D

Ziggy

Took my car in today for its MOT :D

Passed with flying colours!! :D

except my headlights were apprently shooting pidgeons, but he sorted that out for me free :D

So the punto is good to go for another year! :D

TAX

MOT

Insurance all good to go for a long while! :D

Ziggy

its good he didn't charge to adjust the headlights as they are so simple to do charging for it is like robbery

its good he didn't charge to adjust the headlights as they are so simple to do charging for it is like robbery

joke is rofl

I have a passenger light adjustment - i think most cars do

Mines set to 0 - highest setting as i like to see far ahead as possible when driving at night :lol:

No HID kits aren't an option :(

Ziggy