• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

- - Ziggy's Tidy that Punto Project - -

Ziggy122

After having todo my handbrake cable - i found my rear drums looked well... pretty tarnished

and the idea of Tidy that punto project theme

is todo exactly as it says

Tidy it up - and KEEP IT THAT WAY!!

So sitting on the tyre with a car matt

A wire brush i set about Scrubbing the rear drums :)

A good scrub will take about 1 hour per drum

Covering everything up - 10 mins Inc Threads and stuff

5 mins spraying x 3

Drying 10/15 mins x3

Proping up and Taking wheel on and off :)

So here it is BEFORE

dsc00215qu3.jpg

And After a Scrubbing

dsc00216bk4.jpg

Looks alot better to start with

I had brought a can of High Heat Paint for them, Meant to be Metallic Black..... It aint - more silver...

But the results Aint bad :)

Drivers Side

drivervc8.jpg

Passenger Side

passengeret3.jpg

And through the wheel...

Shame i have wheel trims rofl

passengershowingtd1.jpg

Oh well :)

Lots of things need doing :)

Front Grill mesh

Stone chip touch ups

Bumper Blackening

Dash change

Matching Tyres

Rain X the windows (where there aint wipers :P)

Tidy the engine bay up - colour cover the pipe work :)

Replace the leaky Water temperature sensor

Touch Stock wheels/rims up (clean and spray black again)

Blacken tyres?

Brakes need sorting as well - i've got hotspots = not good and have to be done before i go and do 500+miles next month :o

Next its to paint front capilpers :D - OF course its GOING BLUE! :P

Ziggy

looking good ziggy makes it look alot more of a tidy motor, nice job. i will get pics up of my corsa tomorrow when ive polished it and stuck some back to black on the bumpers and so on.

looking good ziggy makes it look alot more of a tidy motor, nice job. i will get pics up of my corsa tomorrow when ive polished it and stuck some back to black on the bumpers and so on.

Did the bumper blackener work?

I used WD40 equavalent - does work - however it dont last

Rain does repel but it did wash off :(

Ziggy

Did the bumper blackener work?

I used WD40 equavalent - does work - however it dont last

Rain does repel but it did wash off :(

Ziggy

will let you know tomorrow when iv'e put it on lol, used a spray one on my sisters corsa a few months back and seemed to do the trick, i have a mer one that you rub in like polish so will see how it holds up, i have some before pics and ill get some after pics tomorrow so you can see the difference of before polish and bumper blackening and after i have done it.

will let you know tomorrow when iv'e put it on lol, used a spray one on my sisters corsa a few months back and seemed to do the trick, i have a mer one that you rub in like polish so will see how it holds up, i have some before pics and ill get some after pics tomorrow so you can see the difference of before polish and bumper blackening and after i have done it.

Would be great :)

I got a slightly flakey side tho - where a small top layers come off....

Ziggy

Use a heat gun on the bumpers, brings them back to black very well and it lasts.

Trouble is i want to also do my side strips etc etc

But there easily removed when heats applied :lol:

So i got a problem there :P

AS tempting as it is to smooth side the car - i'm leaving them onn to save me from small door accidents :)

Ziggy

Use a heat gun on the bumpers, brings them back to black very well and it lasts.

Trouble is i want to also do my side strips etc etc

But there easily removed when heats applied :lol:

So i got a problem there :P

AS tempting as it is to smooth side the car - i'm leaving them onn to save me from small door accidents :)

Ziggy

Good job ziggy, might aswell get the little things out of the way before you do anything else. Also possibly put up the resale value :P Nobody likes to see rust when there buying a car :good:

Joe - Its a FWD car, how do you plan on getting the rear wheels to spin while there in the air? :P

Good job ziggy, might aswell get the little things out of the way before you do anything else. Also possibly put up the resale value :P Nobody likes to see rust when there buying a car :good:

Joe - Its a FWD car, how do you plan on getting the rear wheels to spin while there in the air? :P

doh, wasn't thinking about that, I'm used to 4wd RC's :P

I think all fiats - well what you see on the road today are ALL Front wheel drive :)

and yes - its all part of Maintaining value, and keeping it on the road for as MANY years to come :)

I Tempted as well to scrap a space saver tyre and get a Full sized wheel put in - make an MDF Floor so it stays level :)

So on flat tyres i haven't gotta worry tooo much about silly things like

If a front tyre blows you have to take a rear wheel and put it on the front - then put the flat in the boot then put the spare on the rear.... All takes time....

Easy Mod todo as well :)

Ziggy

Get some ICE in there :D

+1 lol

got my system all installed at the weekend so will post pics when ive polished the rest of the car and it all looks nice, was ment to do it today but kinda didnt get up till 12 so that went out the window lol

+1 lol

got my system all installed at the weekend so will post pics when ive polished the rest of the car and it all looks nice, was ment to do it today but kinda didnt get up till 12 so that went out the window lol

Awesome, what sorta stuff you got in there?

Awesome, what sorta stuff you got in there?

well its not the best system i can get but im starting off small as i am only 5'3 and look about 14 or 15 so ill be getting pulled up by the old bill anyway so i havent got a subwoofer in the boot or anything like that yet. waiting till im about 19 till i get that.

put in a spanking new kenwood headunit with aux input last friday

replaced the front speakers with some nice 17cm pioneers that sound great

in the rear i put a set of 6x9's in the parcel shelf that sound wicked got great bass, my cousin came up and fitted them for me last sunday.

naa they aint components yet lol just normal coxail ( spelling ) speakers at the mo will get some components soon though and give the ones i have at the mo to my sister. trouble with components is the mounting depth if its too bluky towards the rear my windows wont go down all the way because they will hit the magnet on the speaker but will try and find some shallow mount ones and run them through an amp. need to pass my test first though lol

I have got some Okay ish ice in there :P

Got a ripseed head unit - so i got Aux in, USB, SD/MMC, CD, Radio all in one :D

Also got some nice Pioneer 150w 17.5cm Door speakers in 2tier things

Sound okay :) it works better louder tho :P

The headunit lets them down tho - since the headunit can only do 50w max :(

Again i issues with my insurance on regards to what modification i can do, nothing to increase car value/appertite to theives or affect performance/handeling

Next year maybe when i have 1years NCB

I might get a moddification insurance

and get some nice full exhaust system and air intake to get the power up a little :)

Been a 8valve tho it doesn't go far :P

Ziggy

I have got some Okay ish ice in there :P

Got a ripseed head unit - so i got Aux in, USB, SD/MMC, CD, Radio all in one :D

Also got some nice Pioneer 150w 17.5cm Door speakers in 2tier things

Sound okay :) it works better louder tho :P

The headunit lets them down tho - since the headunit can only do 50w max :(

dude the headunit will be plenty for the speakers the 150w is most likley the max power not the rms the rms is only about 30w and you headunit is 50w max so rms its about 27-30rms so its a pretty good match. my pioneers are 170w max and 35w rms.

im in the same boat with the whole mod's thing theres like nothing i can do that wont put my insurance up lol it sucks but as you said once theres a few years no claims then start to mod with exhaust systems and induction kits and so on.

If you are going to get an induction kit, buy a panel filter, as the K&N ones actually ruin the fuel efficiency. They sound good though :P

thats what its called lol my cousin told me to get one of them instead of a k&n induction kit. but i forgot the name lol.

If you are going to get an induction kit, buy a panel filter, as the K&N ones actually ruin the fuel efficiency. They sound good though :P

K&N dont seem to be recommended anywhere!!

but For the punto

u can have a Ford Focus induction kit

Make more sound and a little notch on performance

Only can be fitted on 8v punto's :P not the 16v

or there is a GSR induction kit - which is know to really open up the engine

Ziggy