• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stinson Reliant

Introducing my latest build .

This is a Stinson reliant shown below and the paint scheme is how I intend on her looking when she is finished and painted by myself .

SR.jpg

The size of the model is 120" wingspan and is being built from a plan with planks of balsa wood and ply of varying thickness's cut to shape each individual part .

The power plant for this is a Zenoah twin cylinder 80cc petrol engine .Which should be adequate to pull this about the sky in a scale like fashion .

zen3.jpg

So far I have just about finished construction of the wings leaving only small jobs on them to complete .

2 more pics showing progress so far .

stinwin2.jpg

stinwin3.jpg

More updates as and when available :good:

Shane

Nah that's not huge ,

These are HUGE !!

C17.jpg

Raider2.jpg

Both fantastic RC models which are owned and flown superbly by Ali Machinsky (spelling ?)

Mine doesnt come close I am afraid .

Regarding the painting , it will be done at work in a spraybooth for the main black coat then the coulours and trim will be painted in the workshop at home with an airbrush .

Shane

Introducing my latest build .

This is a Stinson reliant shown below and the paint scheme is how I intend on her looking when she is finished and painted by myself .

SR.jpg

The size of the model is 120" wingspan and is being built from a plan with planks of balsa wood and ply of varying thickness's cut to shape each individual part .

The power plant for this is a Zenoah twin cylinder 80cc petrol engine .Which should be adequate to pull this about the sky in a scale like fashion .

zen3.jpg

So far I have just about finished construction of the wings leaving only small jobs on them to complete .

2 more pics showing progress so far .

stinwin2.jpg

stinwin3.jpg

More updates as and when available :good:

Shane

wow shes going to be beautiful :o cant wait to see more progress pics :D how long you think it will take to complete? kinda makes my super chipmunk look feeble :blush:

steve

I would think realistically it should be ready for painting around november this year .

I only have time to work on it on a sunday due to work but tend to find once I start I keep going untill it gets dark which can be quite late at this time of the year :D

Nah that's not huge ,

These are HUGE !!

C17.jpg

Raider2.jpg

Both fantastic RC models which are owned and flown superbly by Ali Machinsky (spelling ?)

Regarding the painting , it will be done at work in a spraybooth for the main black coat then the coulours and trim will be painted in the workshop at home with an airbrush .

Shane

For anyone interested these 2 large models will be flying at RAF Cosford this weekend at the LMA (large model association) Show held there .

Not sure of prices off the top of my head but its about a tenner to get in .

Google for RAF Cosford for directions but its on the A41 just outside of Wolverhampton :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a while since I updated this thread but I have been busy on the plane .

The fus is about 70% there now and the wings are 90% so it's coming on quite well at the moment .

I have assembled it for the first time outside just to get a feel for the size of it and as a resuly I have had to buy a new car as there is no way this will come close to fitting into the motor I have now !

Anyways I waffle on so here is a pic of where I am now :good:

wingon3.jpg

Nah that's not huge ,

These are HUGE !!

C17.jpg

Raider2.jpg

Shane

Why don't they just buy a real plane

• 2 weeks later...