• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Recommend me a model?

DataMatrix

I want to get a new model and I was thinking of the HPI Savage XL or the Savage X 4.6.

Though, are there any other brands which I should consider? I'm looking for monster trucks only.

Cant go wrong with the savage mate. Ive abused mine to hell and the only things ive broken are the front bevel gear and the stock exhaust (new one coming this week). I absolutely love it and with the 3 speed upgrade, its even faster. So yeah I say go for it if your budget allows (:.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

CEN GST 7.7,CEN Nemesis 7.7,Losi LST2 and AE MGT 8.0 or Thunder Tiger S50 Sledgehammer.All are great trucks,especially the GST and Nemesis and are probably the strongest built MT's on the market with 8mm driveshafts and turnbuckles that look as though they should be on a 1/6 scale model.

The diffs on the GST/Nemesis are awesome and the best in the industry but both are big and heavy,especially the GST at 17.4lbs dry weight.For a good allrounder the LST2 cant be ignored and is a very nice package as is the MGT 8.0,both of these trucks can be fitted with RPM arms and are both well balanced and fast...Hope this helps fella,my personal choice is the GST and Nemesis,once you've had the biggest and most powerful,the smaller engines just don't cut it anymore...