• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

understeer

hi guys any one got any ideas on how i can cure my understeer on my hyper 7 i was at my track on sun and tried my spiral spikes and the standard hyper tyres and adjusted my camber but i still suffered bad understeer ,track was dusty but its not normally as bad as it was :( any ideas on how to improve the understeer cheers guys :good:

hi guys any one got any ideas on how i can cure my understeer on my hyper 7 i was at my track on sun and tried my spiral spikes and the standard hyper tyres and adjusted my camber but i still suffered bad understeer ,track was dusty but its not normally as bad as it was :( any ideas on how to improve the understeer cheers guys :good:
torsen diffs?

Changing the diff oils is a waste of time, i feel it doesn't really help that much. And if you have a decent engine, like a GO .21 in your car, then the standard diffs won't be able to stand up to the stress.

Just get 3 Torsen diffs, Rear, Centra, and Front...for a total of around

yea i did look at them on ebay in a shop (dinball) i might get them just to try it out

try it out? are you joking?! What do you mean try it out! Thats the best your gonna get to defeat understeer.

Read the description of a torsen diff...

Changing the diff oils is a waste of time, i feel it doesn't really help that much. And if you have a decent engine, like a GO .21 in your car, then the standard diffs won't be able to stand up to the stress.

try it out? are you joking?! What do you mean try it out! Thats the best your gonna get to defeat understeer.

Read the description of a torsen diff...

have done m8 ,and i ment by try it out ,if it dont work out how i want it to i'd sell them on ebay or something

Are you serious? Diff oil changes EVERYTHING about the car and is definatly not a waste of time, its a key part of a good setup. Try changing your oils for 5k-7k-3k (front-centre-rear) and try it out, i can guarentee you will see a world of difference.

nice one smithy i was gonna try 5-7-2 or 5-5-2 only because when my track is dry there is very little grip ,car handles like its front wheel drive lol and is very twitchy so ive just got to get some of the power away from the front and down to the back

Ive got racing setup diff oils...

10k middle 7k front 3k rear...and ive put a torsen centre diff, and i just scrapped all of those stupid diff oils...torsen diffs are so much better, they actually pull wheelies on the buggy with my K4.6, let alone my bloody GO .21 :)

im just saying ts a good way to counter understeer, because instead of sending power to the front wheels, it sends it to the back, and a little bit to the front. This means it wont understeer, and it does pull wheelies sometimes

im just saying ts a good way to counter understeer, because instead of sending power to the front wheels, it sends it to the back, and a little bit to the front. This means it wont understeer, and it does pull wheelies sometimes

oh dont get me wrong harjun it is a good idea but i think ill try out the

And that can be done by paying with your diff oils without spending hundreds of pounds, torsens may well work but personally i'd rather set up my oils so it handles exactly how i like it, i mean is it actually possible to fine tune a torsen??

Do the Diff oils as recommended - 5-7-3 is a good starting point.

22 degree hubs will give you more steering

Make sure your servo saver is tight enough

If you haven't already upgraded your steering servo then get something stronger than the stock one

Perhaps add a little more toe-out to the front if you haven't already

Soften the front suspension

Stiffen the rear suspension

There are a whole load of things that you should try before spending money on torsen diffs and alike, and the fact that the top racers don't bother with such things is a great clue to the fact that setup changes are how to make a car handle well.

P.S. The standard diffs are fine and will handle plenty of power as long as you service them every now and then.

Do the Diff oils as recommended - 5-7-3 is a good starting point.

22 degree hubs will give you more steering

Make sure your servo saver is tight enough

If you haven't already upgraded your steering servo then get something stronger than the stock one

Perhaps add a little more toe-out to the front if you haven't already

Soften the front suspension

Stiffen the rear suspension

There are a whole load of things that you should try before spending money on torsen diffs and alike, and the fact that the top racers don't bother with such things is a great clue to the fact that setup changes are how to make a car handle well.

P.S. The standard diffs are fine and will handle plenty of power as long as you service them every now and then.

cheers mr v i think ill go with the 5-7-3 1st ,ive upgraded my servo saver and my steering servo ,didnt think about the soft front set up but ill try it out too and thanks for the straight forward advice :good: