• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

O' Donnell fuel to return

m3lyc

O'Donnell To Return!

Yes that's right! O'Donnell fuel will be returning to stores in the next 1-2 weeks. Following the fuel being discontinued months ago by CML, Mirage have decided to take on the O'Donnell range which means the great fuel will once more be available to the UK.

But it doesn't stop there, not only do O'Donnell have a great fuel range, but they also have a brand new 1/8th Buggy being developed which of course will be available to us through Mirage!

Keep an eye on the website, the fuel will appear once in stock.

Source: JE Spares

Mirage are already selling it and have it in stock so shouldn't be long before the shops start stocking it.Wonder if Modelsport start to stock it again,it's got to be the best smelling fuel of all time....

Mirage are already selling it and have it in stock so shouldn't be long before the shops start stocking it.Wonder if Modelsport start to stock it again,it's got to be the best smelling fuel of all time....

yeah im gonna start running the LSP on the 20% stuff when this model technics has run out

No more changing now for the buggy,it's staying with Modelsports 25% MT and the Byrons Gen2 can go in the Genesis and GTX2.I really like the 25% Modelsport MT its a good fuel for what I do.It may change though and I may end up trying a gallon of O'Donnell just for the smell... :lol:

I personally refuse to use it after an entire gallon leaked out of the can on my way home from the LHS and soaked into the foam in my rear seats...... thank god it was a company car!

i may try this fuel but they sell it in us gallons dont they how much is a us gallon to uk and does it give more power

thanks danny

its quite a big bottle, i get my byron 25 in us gallons and its huge and lasts me ages.

Edited by m3lyc

US Gallon = 3.7litres ish

UK Gallon = 4.5litres ish

Therefore after doing the math, O'Donnell is quite expensive but it is quality fuel. I used to use Tornado 25% and buy it in 5litre tins. It worked out at good value for a decent fuel. Never got along with Model Technics but last time i used it was around 3 years ago. Maybe Modelsport UK's varient of the MT fuel is a big improvement? Cant say because i've never tried it.