• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

unassembled kit?

mini998

hi guys,

Im new to this forum, I'm looking to buy an unassembled 1/8 nitro kit for myself.

I found these

ansmann virus - http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk

some models at modelsport , but none of these comes with an engine or a radio,

Do u guys know anyware i can buy a decent complete kit(including engine and radio)

my budjet is

The Virus is about it i'm afraid unless you get the Magic Wheel Truck that is a clone of a Tmaxx.Save some more money and get something better,the Virus is'nt the strongest buggy in the world by a long shot... :good:

The Virus is about it i'm afraid unless you get the Magic Wheel Truck that is a clone of a Tmaxx.Save some more money and get something better,the Virus is'nt the strongest buggy in the world by a long shot... :good:

yeah I had a look at magic wheel truck at nitroteck but currently its out of stock, and when i called them they said its going to take few weeks to new stocks to arrive,

btw im interested in a buggy

If I buy this ansmann virus kit , where can i buy spare parts for it when they break? and does it comes with the radio box?

what engine,radio set should i go for(value for money),

-mini998

You cant do much better than a hyper 7 for value for money but they dont come as kits, its rtr (ready to race) but even still, buy one and rebuild it if your set on building a kit up :D

Hypers ... strong and loads of spares

You cant do much better than a hyper 7 for value for money but they dont come as kits, its rtr (ready to race) but even still, buy one and rebuild it if your set on building a kit up :D

Hypers ... strong and loads of spares

Hhuugh..!He hasn't mentioned a Hyper 7,he's on about the Virus...

If you do get the Virus and you want a decent low cost engine,i'd get the Go.21 3 port,its around

If you were to go down the 1/10th kit as an Option I've heard good things about the MT2 18SS. Although not a buggy it does look pretty good for a truck and they are 4wd. Although you'd need to put another 40/50 to the

Agreed about the MT2 SS Kits - they are a good model and the parts are great quality

If you are intent on the Virus kit you can order spares Here - There is a steel spur gear available too.

There aren't any other 1/8 kits in that kind of price range as the kits tend to be the PRO versions and as a result rather pricey

Just thought - Ansmann will be launching their new 1/8 VAPOR Buggy in about a month. This is meant to be a step forward in terms of quality over the Virus and will be available in kit form for

Thanks for al the help guys ,

after reading ur views about virus, Im thinking of getting something else,

I'm willing to come down to 1:10 kit

so im considering the Tamiya Nitro Force , Nitro Thunder kit modelsports have them,

whare can i buy MT2 18 SS kit in uk?

ps :

Apologises for posting the same question twice , will never happen again.

but he'll still need the radio gear, so more like 300

can't you buy a RTR and take it apart? most come with complete instructions on how to assemble.

BTW whats the difference in a truggy and a stadium?

can't you buy a RTR and take it apart? most come with complete instructions on how to assemble.

I have a Raptor Truck that requires some work. Carb issues but to be honest you could just buy a new carb but id just stick a new engine in it.. comes With all the Radio gear. ill even take it to bits if you like..:0)

Ill take 130 for which leaves enough in your budjet for a nice new engine to drop it...

It runs a treat till you get to full power and tends to bog down a bit.. Told its a cab issues... but i wouldnt bother.. New engine all the way... i ran it only ther other week at hunstanton.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xvHFsjwjKKU

I just bought a TMaxx 3.3 and im very happy with it... ideal starter but out of your budget.. you could pick up a decent 2nd hand Revo with everthing for your budjet... but kit form just doesnt seem to be the way these days.. alll RTR..

You can easily pick up a radio kit out of a hyper thats been stripped on ebay for less than

thanks guys,

After lot of unsuccessful attempts to get an unassembled kit , and cosidering advice from u guys I finally bought a hyper 7 with mach 28 engine yesterday.This is my first nitro and I love it.

Im still doing the breaking process and its going well

thanks a lot for ur help

cheers

-mini998

thanks guys,

After lot of unsuccessful attempts to get an unassembled kit , and cosidering advice from u guys I finally bought a hyper 7 with mach 28 engine yesterday.This is my first nitro and I love it.

Im still doing the breaking process and its going well

thanks a lot for ur help

cheers

-mini998

Good choice :good: Its an awsome buggy.Fast as hell.