• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

10 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Are you going to take this one outside? 😝

Yep but not today needs a servo and pinion, never gelled with the 6s should have sent it back from the start truth be told, just felt like cheap old tack. 

Should have waited and just got this one 👍

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

The BEAST  Kraton EXB 8s 

5-BBE966-B-22-A3-4-BF5-8721-97776-FBDEB7

Excuse the ignorance, but what is the difference between this and your other 6s one?

Edited by Ag100
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

I'm the complete opposite... total hoarder, surrounded by junk I don't use 😄

I hoard  but if someone offers cash on the spot  i normally take it

• Like 1

Bought two mini z as my kid‘A birthday present. They look so nice. Planning on getting some foam mats and making a track in the garden

4636DB42-1F4E-4A29-8816-B36511EC51D2.jpeg

5 hours ago, Guns said:

Its my 5th 😩I keep selling and regretting 😕

I feel you - after 15 years in the hobby the X is the only car I ever regret selling!

• Like 2

Bought two mini z as my kid‘A birthday present. They look so nice. Planning on getting some foam mats and making a track in the garden

Just now, jimbulsara said:

731FC95F-F084-4AC8-BF69-DA903C77FEAD.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guns said:

My first one was a 6S. I then sold this buy the new (Blue) 8S. I temporarily quit the hobby and sold up, to pay for my Wedding (which didnt last....) I then brought another brand new (Red) 8S, which if Im honest, I hardly used and the lad I originally sold the 6s offered me pretty much RRP for it, so he had it off me. 

I then brought a used (red) 8S for a good price. I spent a fortune on it, max 5/800kv combo etc..... and I openly admit this ruined the truck for me as it was too powerful and didnt last long with the lipos I had. 

I then brought a Golf GTI with the intention of modifying/restoring as a bit of fun. So stripped the Modified X Maxx and sold it in parts to buy Golf parts....... which I sold before fitting any parts 😂

Now we have another Red 8S #5. I shoulda gone Orange for a change. Cant have green cause my Nan used to always say you cant have a green car. I guess that means RC too?

I dont really have an attachment to things. If you made a decent offer on the shoes Im Wearing Id probabaly sell them. It costs me money in the long run I guess but It keeps me in liquid cash. Ive had 2x Xbox Series X’s since release, and brought and sold a PS5. My Dads the same. 

Only thing I regret selling is my Pokemon games. I had them All from Pokemon Red through to Sword. I sold them all in October. You dont realise how close I was to buying them all back instead of this X Maxx.....

Do you collect retro games or just Pokemon stuff in general?

On 06/04/2021 at 15:37, turok007 said:

Hard to get hold of  took me a while to find one in the UK

18 hours ago, Shergar said:

UK supplier or international? If you feel like it spill beans 😉

Plaza Japan, just under £130 posted.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jimbulsara said:

Do you collect retro games or just Pokemon stuff in general?

Just the Pokemon Red-Shield. That’s literally the only games Im into. I dont have much free time to be fair,  Ive got a Series X and has the PS5, but dont really care for them, everything seems the same, where as I seem to be able to play the Pokemon over and over. Their values have shot up too. I had Heart Gold boxed with Pokewalker, its a fortune now

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mack1 said:

Took delivery of a crimp set for making up or modifying servo/battery leads.

20210407-164235.jpg

20210407-154308.jpg

I don't know what it is about this "brand", but everything I have had from them has been surprisingly good. When the normal market places are littered with utter tripe that all comes out the same factory with a different name, the "preciva" stuff seems  to be pretty good despite looking the same as all the rest of them. I have that exact crimper and it works just as well as my other ones that are Japanese made, and much more expensive.

• Thanks 1