• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Its disabled tax so yes we need to display it but I really don't see the point as it's all on a computer database so easy to check up on.

Rob

I drive a 0 road fund licence (stupid name) car and yeah you have to display a tax disc as it's an offence to not display one.... stupids.

I've set out to collect them all lol, slowly but surely this will happen :)

Nice hoard by the way, them tyres should last a good while :D

Good man, I'm an MT fan and I think I'll be grabbing a Helion Invictus for my birthday, my Dads been hinting as much seeing as I was watching them on Youtube and he wandered in asking what it was etc... :lol:

And indeed, most are for the rear because the fronts don't seem to wear at all, so they should last me at least a year I hope.

• Like 2

Good man, I'm an MT fan and I think I'll be grabbing a Helion Invictus for my birthday, my Dads been hinting as much seeing as I was watching them on Youtube and he wandered in asking what it was etc... :lol:

And indeed, most are for the rear because the fronts don't seem to wear at all, so they should last me at least a year I hope.

Easy, you running the SC and the Mini 8 now then?..

Easy, you running the SC and the Mini 8 now then?..

Yeah that's all I've got at the moment and I'm pretty happy with that, the Mini 8ight is a crap load of fun for tarmac and the SC10 is great off road, the grip and handling is unreal, you can definitely tell it's set-up as a race truck rather than a basher.

It handles far superior to what my 4x4 Slash did.

I keep getting really tempted by an SCX10 as well, never had one but fancied one for a while, so might just take the plunge on a nice second hand model to save a few quid, then I've got all basis covered lol.

• Like 1

I imagine the Mini 8ight T will be even better, simply due to it's slightly bigger size.

If theirs one flaw to the Mini 8ight, I'd say it's the ride height... It's good on rough stuff, but I find unless you're gunning it, you get stuck on stones quite a bit, if one is a bit big.

But the 8ight T seems to be closer to 1/10 ride height which I've not had a problem with in the quarry yet.

If you do get one, let me know how you get on, it could be a possible future purchase :P

• Like 1

I imagine the Mini 8ight T will be even better, simply due to it's slightly bigger size.If theirs one flaw to the Mini 8ight, I'd say it's the ride height... It's good on rough stuff, but I find unless you're gunning it, you get stuck on stones quite a bit, if one is a bit big.But the 8ight T seems to be closer to 1/10 ride height which I've not had a problem with in the quarry yet.If you do get one, let me know how you get on, it could be a possible future purchase :P

you could always put the truggy tires and wheels on the 8ight when they come out

I have tracxas response 2.2's on my 8ight and they make it much better off road

Yea I'll be getting one, it's gone back abit with the purchase of this truck but I need do something pink for the girl with her being a week old and all that jazz, I'm sure she's due an RC!

A WEEK?! Is your Paypal froze? Get something bought :P lol.

you could always put the truggy tires and wheels on the 8ight when they come out

I have tracxas response 2.2's on my 8ight and they make it much better off road

That has been suggested, but the truggy chassis is longer, which I think will help with stability over rough stuff.

Plus I have tried 1/16th e-revo wheels and tyres and they bind up at full lock, so don't want to take the gamble of spending about

7x used Acoms servos shoved through letterbox and hit the floor with a thud, i was not happy. All have been tested and are fortunately fine still.

Can now use the servo supplied in the HBX Cross Tiger as a paperweight, have read online how inferior those Chinese copies of the Acoms S3003 are.

Edited by smackers