• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help

momin

Hi,

ok i was running my enigine in at the york bash. the car staled and when i went to pull the starter again it was all rock solid, i thought i was flloded so i took glow plug out and i couldnt pull it. It is currently rock solid. when i turn the crankshaft nothing moves.

anyone got any suggestions?

thanks

momin

Not a nitro pro so bare with me :rolleyes:

If i had the problem what i would do would be:

.Take the backplate off to check that the one-way bearing spins freely and hasn't jammed

.Check inside the crankcase for anything out of the ordinary

.Remove the heatsink and see if you're able to tap the piston down (depends which stroke it is on) whilst turning the engine over

.Contact HPI about the problem, an engine so new shouldn't be giving you grief so soon

Just re-read your post, can you turn the crankshaft over but the piston doesn't move? or pull the pull-starter but again the piston doesn't move? if so it definately sounds like the one-way bearing has broken in some way.

is yor piston stuck at the top dead in the center, if it is stik something on the top thru the cylinder head an tap it.

again do the same thing, put sumthin thru an try 2 shift the piston, i hav only ever heard of this happening once before and that was yesterday, an he did this an it worked, just be careful

if the crankshaft moves freely but the piston doesnt turn tighten the flywheel nut also check the one way bearing and crank bearings.

Sounds like a cracked internal bearing. This happened to me on an old force .15 engine I had. Apparently the bearing had split and jammed the crankshaft. Can be fixed but requires a complete strip down. You need to know what your doing when stripping and re-assembling a nitro engine though!

taking the engine apart isnt that hard just make sure you put the crankshaft in first and not the piston and sleeve like i did when i was a noob.