• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

baja wont start

rcmatt

normally starts easy and runs well but left it at a friends and now it wont start.He sais the exhaust came loose,when he tightend it and re started it was reving high and moving forward.Instead of adjusting the LSN he messed about with the idle screw and throttle trim on the handset.Now it wont start,its not flooded and ive got a spark,ive tried the idle screw in diffrent positions but no luck.

please :helpsmilie:

The factory settings are 1 and a half turns out on the high speed and 1 and quauter out on low speed.The high speed is the one on the left as you look at it and the low to the right of it.I would put the needles to this just incase your mate messed with them without saying so.

The factory settings are 1 and a half turns out on the high speed and 1 and quauter out on low speed.The high speed is the one on the left as you look at it and the low to the right of it.I would put the needles to this just incase your mate messed with them without saying so.

first thing i did was reset the high and low,they were still on factory settings.Im stumped :boredlook:

Hi ya Matt.

I would leave tick over adjustment alone till its running or you wont have a clue where it needs to be set. If the carb settings haven't been touched then just stick a new plug in it. My marder wouldn't start but when i pulled out the plug it would spark. You see when a spark plug is in the bore and under compression they act differently and you may find this is the case with yours. Any engine will start if it has fuel, spark and compression.

Good luck with it and let me know how you get on.

Paul.

Hi ya Matt.

I would leave tick over adjustment alone till its running or you wont have a clue where it needs to be set. If the carb settings haven't been touched then just stick a new plug in it. My marder wouldn't start but when i pulled out the plug it would spark. You see when a spark plug is in the bore and under compression they act differently and you may find this is the case with yours. Any engine will start if it has fuel, spark and compression.

Good luck with it and let me know how you get on.

Paul.

Ive tried two new plugs,made no different,fuel lines are fine and theres fuel in the bulb.got no idea what else it could be.

stripped it down,cleaned everything and it still wont start,Any ideas anyone.

Im missing tearing up the park :(

i know this might sound....dumb... but is it primed properly!? & is the choke in correct position :) ?

try warming up the spark plug and is it the correct fuel mixture

fuel mix is fine and tried two new plugs.It was running perfect,starting easy and never having any problems until my idiot friend got his hands on it.Mite let the shop have a look at it if i can find one near me

• 2 weeks later...