• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper 7's from modelsport?

midi-mania

so if i buy the car in the "combo" can i choose what fuel i get? or can i only have the 16% and does anyone know how long the cars take to get delivered?

Erm I think you have to buy the fuel of your choice separately/not instead of MS's 16%.

And all orders, subject to stock, are going to dispatched 2nd January. However the Hyper is out of stock till the 12th Jan it says.

i know, im trying to get my bro to get me one scince he would rather me pick something so he knows i will use it :confused: and scince i havnt got a crimbo prezzie off him either :whistling: but i need to know how much 20% fuel it takes to fully run an engine in??? in litres / gallons

back to running the engine in i thought and the manuel + hpi dvd says to let it idle for 2 tanks then for another 2 tanks drive it at around 1/3 throttle the after that you do another 2 tanks gradually building up at once in a straight line got to full throttle for around 2 seconds then back off and brake turn and come back and you do it in circles

or am i wrong tell me the corrections? :unsure:

i dont know :confused: but i would rather have more than one opinion on the matter :good:

Idle for 2 tanks worth, then drive it around for a tank on very low throttle, but don't just hold it down all the time, hold the trigger in for short bursts and let it coast before re-applying it again

Let the engine cool down, then start it up again and drive it around for another tank or two in the same way (try to make sure you get the piston to stop at the bottom of the stroke when you leave it to cool down, you can do this by slowly pulling the pullstart when it has stopped and just after you feel the most resistance; stop there because it should have returned to the bottom. In simple terms the reason you do this is to make sure that when the engine contracts as it cools, the piston won't be squeezed too much).

Then once more let the engine cool down a bit and then start it up again, increase yours throttle pressure, but don't go above 1/2 - 2/3 I would say, then lean off the high speed needle 1/8th of a turn and slowly start to increase your throttle pressure so you can take advantage of the higher speed mix being leaned off. Don't make all of the adjustments on the same tank of fuel though, make sure you get through as many tanks as you can (i'd say about 10-12 during the whole break in) whilst tuning it in.

Keep going in a methodical fashion until you are fairly happy with the high speed settings and then start to lean out the low speed needle, or alternatively adjust both in alternating turns.

Eventually you will have both low and high running on optimal settings, but as others have said, always richen up the needle 1/8th of a turn once you have got the optimum so that you make sure you have enough lubrication, especially during the run in.

I'm sure there will be some much better good break in guides around here somewhere if you do some searches.

Edited by Stock_Nitro

by lean and richen by a 1/8th of a turn... what do you mean? screw it in?

Lean = Turn the skrew clockwise as if you were tightening it

Richen = Turn the skrew anti-clockwise as if you were undoing it

I'm sure you figure out the 1/8th of a turn part :good:

Make sure you look at the engine running in sheet that was provided with the model, the paper one not the glossy manual, because this will show you which needles do what.

From memory it goes like this:

STNV = Low Speed Needle (The Needle that is on the blue expandable part of the carb that links to the throttle servo)

MNV = High Speed Needle (The elongated needle in the copper tube that points upwards)

TAS = Idle Setting Needle (turning this clockwise will raise the idle revs, this needle is hard to get to as the exhaust is in the way more often than not)

Do not under any cirsumstances adjust the skrew that faces outwards from the left-handside of the carb (the one in the chubby silver cyllinder that the high speed needle goes down into) as this is the mid range needle, and you need to leave that at factory settings!

Do not under any cirsumstances adjust the skrew that faces outwards from the left-handside of the carb (the one in the chubby silver cyllinder that the high speed needle goes down into) as this is the mid range needle, and you need to leave that at factory settings!

then why dont they just have this part built into the carb instead of were brothers can fiddle :shockingscary:

then why dont they just have this part built into the carb instead of were brothers can fiddle :shockingscary:

Hehe, well it does add another element of fine tuning, but stick to the factory setting on that one for now, or all of your low and high end tuning will have to be adjusted to compensate.

Let me know how you get on and come back to me if you have any problems as i'm glad to help out where I can ;)