• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher Havoc (Nitro Monster/Stunt truck

Ash1984

Hello and welcome to my simple review for the Schumacher Havoc.

I bought the truck second hand so never had to mess on running in and there was little in the way of original accessories present so I'm just going to concentrate on the build and performance of the truck.

post-1285-1198507597_thumb.jpg

BUILD:

Most people want a model that will never break and never need servicing, chance would be a fine thing but with the Havoc in this respect I really do think you're onto a winner. It's a really simple but effective design that requires little maintenance to keep it working sweet, this is mostly owing to the plate alloy chassis, everything just bolts on top of it so there no jigsaw like puzzle moments like with a TVP (Savage chassis) design or similar which I think can be a bit off-putting for people new to the hobby. The only thing that is going to need looking at now and again is the ball diff, at least there's only one of them rather than the 3 diffs normally found in a 4wd model.

post-1285-1198507563_thumb.jpg

post-1285-1198507577_thumb.jpg

post-1285-1198507591_thumb.jpg

post-1285-1198507584_thumb.jpg

Standout features of this truck for me are the excellent Thunder Tiger big block engine, carbon fibre front and rear suspension towers, aluminium shock bodies, rear facing exhaust (doesn't spray oil and crud all over the car) and torx screws all round (no more rounded screws! YES!). Also the body shell is made of a thicker plastic than any other shell I have seen which makes it very hardy but still quite light

PERFORMACE

When I first picked up the Havoc I was shocked at how light it was, it is very light for a stock monster and this will be due to the simple effective 2wd and carbon fibre all over the place. Combine this with the powerful motor and you should come out with a very high power to weight ratio. Out and about this thing is like a true rocket however it does loose grip very easily as all that power is going through the rear wheels. You will either love wrestling with the 2wd, doing doughnuts, power slides and the like or you will hate it and yearn for 4wd grip to power thorough anything and stay planted at all times. I find the 2wd great fun and more of a challenge. For wheelie kings out there you will love this truck, it wheelies at full throttle no matter what speed you take off at (as long as it can find grip) it really is mental. I have not managed to break anything yet.

It would be unfair to compare this to a Savage or Revo as 4wd and 2wd are a different kettle of fish, however I have owned all of these trucka and have to say the Havoc is the most fun. It gets stuck sometimes where the Savvy and Revo wouldn't, steep muddy/loose dirt banks and autumn leaves can be a ball ache! Over jumps, on fields and even somewhere placid like a car park this really is great, hardy any body roll and bags of grunt.

+

Light, fast, strong.

Reliable, easy to tune engine and holds tune very well – great for novices

Simple chassis layout, perfect for newcomers

-

Wheel interface is unique to Schumacher limiting aftermarket wheel choice

Exhaust gaskets have been known to be poor although no problems with mine

Hardly any aftermarket hop-ups although you won't be needing them

Radio box is a chore to access

• 1 month later...