• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hey up jus got given some boats

andy_n

hiya guys im into nitro and leccy cars and my mates been clearing out his garage and he asked me if i wanted boats

i said yes as you do cant refuse a freeby

any way he brought them up to my house and there massive smaller one is about meter and a half and the other is easily 2 metres long

iv decided to look at the smaller one first as it looks abit moderner its made out of fiberglass i think and the other is wood :wacko:

so i have found that they both used to be powered by an engine of some sort but im going to make the little one into leccy as someone has half done it already

what i need to know is what size motor and does it need to go through any gearing so far iv just made a kind of set up which i could use as there wast anything to connect it to a motor iv got the outdrive but off of a car and the shaft and thinking about welding another outdrive / diff cup dont know the name to an old pinion gear then straight to the motor

would that work ?

cheers

Andy

Edited by andy_n

i doubt the big one would plane lol

its a big army thing well its in that grey/ green colour and has like an number ont side like they do

bit worse for wear but would probs be intresting for someone more into boats lol

ill try get pics tonight

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
if you took the time to read the user stats at the side of each post you would see that hes in bradford, specifically baildon, see some people bother to fill out their profiles :rolleyes:

i did but then went on a rant ^_^

@indie rofl no... i jsut see fun :P