• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HB lightning GT10

martin34

Hi i am tempted to treat myself to one of these for christmas but i cant realy find out much about them.Has anyone got any good links to any info about them?Thanks.

There you go fella

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article...?article_id=794 and you can download the manual from HB Europe...The link to this is below... :good:

http://www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?partNo=66776&lang=en

Your welcome fella and Hot Bodies stuff is cool,I know it's basically HPI but they look different and the graphics are cool.I've got a Lightning GTX2 and that's been discontinued but I can still get parts for it as a lot are the same as the Lightning buggies and I guess that'll be the case with the GT 10 with the Lightning 10 buggy,if that is the case your laughing... :) Good luck mate and go on buy it,you know you wanna... :lol:

hi bud what is our uk price for them?? on the link it showed $220 or close to that sum which is half in our money..i do hope our tax man aint robbin us on this as i woulnd mind one for my nipper..i have the LSP and like the idea of all metal parts "less likely to brake imo"..the gt10 looks verry nice and im hoping there reasonably priced over here..has any one got one that they could shed some light on?thanx

hi bud what is our uk price for them?? on the link it showed $220 or close to that sum which is half in our money..i do hope our tax man aint robbin us on this as i woulnd mind one for my nipper..i have the LSP and like the idea of all metal parts "less likely to brake imo"..the gt10 looks verry nice and im hoping there reasonably priced over here..has any one got one that they could shed some light on?thanx

They're about £190 from Modelsport UK fella, a guy I know has one and they look quality and go very well.Just a mini version of what I got and it's the same quality... Nice.. :good:

These little trucks a proving to be almost imposible to get hold of.I can find the original GT10 but not the sport version.I know its basicaly the same but i want a pull start and not a roto.I prefer the black and red paint aswell.I have a brand new Hotbodies 26 in my room that i could drop in it if i ever find one in stock anywhere :helpsmilie: .

These little trucks a proving to be almost imposible to get hold of.I can find the original GT10 but not the sport version.I know its basicaly the same but i want a pull start and not a roto.I prefer the black and red paint aswell.I have a brand new Hotbodies 26 in my room that i could drop in it if i ever find one in stock anywhere :helpsmilie: .

you should look at the lsp 1/8 if there asking £190 for the 1/10 the lsp 1/8 is only £250 so i would recommend the extra £60.to tell the truth i was expecting thes to be around the £130-150 mark.at £190 i would look at 1/8 all day but there and again depends on if its for a adult or junior of a newbie or experienced.

if your looking for the upper version i think that means upper moneys so i would look at 1/8 if your going over £200..

i personnely have never used a 1/10 nitro just 1/8 so i would be interested in what thes 1/10s are like, this ,model looks real smart and if its any thing like the 1/8 with all metal parts its going to be solid..but for the money im not sure, i guess if its built like the lsp i have it will be better than most as its all metal and lovely and shiy :D

I have seen a vid of one fitted with a trx 3.3 and it was stupid fast :good: .The reason i want a 1/10 as apposed to a 1/8 is because of the space i will have in the car after the Baja is in there.I have 9 nitro trucks and want the GT10 not because its a newbie truck but because i like the back to basic idea.A nice little 1/10th truck that i can whip out of the boot of the car and have a bash without the noise and size of my other trucks upsetting people.

Hi i am tempted to treat myself to one of these for christmas but i cant realy find out much about them.Has anyone got any good links to any info about them?Thanks.

i think this is it

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/kit.php?par...512&lang=en

http://www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?lang=en&partNo=66776

i have also got you a video :good:

Hi martin34,

ive just bought a lightning gt10 sport all the details are on the link below.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=28573

• 2 months later...

Another GT10 owner here. What a great little truck and fast as well! Anyone else find that the low speed needle setting is wrong in the manual? Looks like they have taken the 'flush' setting straight from the HPI manual for the rotary carb version as my LSN is 1 and 1/4 turns in from flush with the slide end and my HSN is 2 and 1/4 turns out. I look forward to some serious testing at the track :)

Edited by wastegate

I recorded the settings the engine came with and then changed them to the manuals settings and it would not start! I returned the settings to their original 'as supplied' settings and it started and ran perfectly. As I said above, I think the low speed needle setting in the manaul is wrong and has been taken from the rotary carb version. Try the HSN at 3 turns out and the LSN at 1 and 1/4 turns in from flush with the slide end for break-in.

well i got it started the other day, put 5 tanks through it, tuned it and i must say after all the crap of getting it started it was worth it, its bloody quick, leaves my stadium 10 standing

It's probably due to their hotter climate. I did some temperature tests and the max mine got to was 220 deg F which is fine although it is cold out at the moment which helps. Come the summer I may have to make a hole in the windscreen for additional cooling.