• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help (Rush setup)

stevo-v8

can anyone help me set up my nitro rush?

it takes me an age it get it to start,then when it does it just revs quite high.

i havent got a local shop to go and ask for help,so could someone help me please?

its possible your carb is too far open at idle, it should be about 1mm open. if it is too wide adjust your idle stop.

Read the booklet that should of come with it for engine factory settings. (For high speed needle and low speed needle) When set back to these, and you still find it hard to start, get a hair dryer and hold it above engine for 10 mins, this warms the engine up. Start it up, if revving high, check your carb is only open 1mm, use the idle screw to set this, or the trim on your controller. (but DO NOT take off the air filter to check this while the car is running.) Hope this helps.

T-15 runs fine on base settings on the Low Speed needle, you only have to tune the high end :)

When it revs its head off, its cause the idle is tooo big,

i found 1mm on t-15 was too much, i was often at about .5mm to .3mm idle gap :)

Hope this helps :)

Ziggy

Ziggy's right no need to touch the lsn keep it flush with the carb body, the hsn factory setting is 3 turns out from closed and your idle about what ziggy says it depends on your tuning.

I had my evo running today and it still absolutely goes like a rocket, it has been ported + manifold ported and a mielkie tuned pipe put on though :lol:

marty :)

Edited by martin