• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New servo's for Hyper 7

GroundHog

Had a bit of an issue with my throttle servo getting stuck with the throttle open - I've added some WD40 and it seems to have improved it, but I wonder if the servo should be replaced for a better one? I was planning on replacing the steering servo anyway as its still on the stock one, but wondered if I need to get two of the steering (ie expensive) servo's or if I can get away with a slightly less powerful one for the throttle? Any suggestions? Also, if I upgrade the servo's will I need to get an RX hump pack rather than the 4 x AA's I'm currently using?

Cheers, gh.

Hi mate, i replaced the stock throttle/brake servo for a Hitec 475HB got it off ebay for around a tenner and it works wonders! much faster tha stock and it'll stop on its nose when i plant the anchors!! as for the RX pack, well worth while using one rather than 4 AA's! there's a company called Vapextech that do stick and hump packs cheap, well worth a look.

Hope that helps

Ben

• 3 years later...

hi just to let you know,i subscribed this morning for the year to join the online chat and my comp would join live chat , it kept throwing the error message upand cutting me off , crashing the page and leaving me having to close the window down and start again,

windows was giving me all sorts of warnings ,

sorted it now.......

just delete all your java and go tothere website and download new versions , got me straight on

im on windows 7

Servos wise its always best to get the best you can afford.

A savox 1256 would be a little OTT on the throttle/brake of a Hyper though! Maybe try the Savox 252 on the thottle/brake and the 1256 on the steering?

Daz, a mate of mine in stoke has a new Savox 1258 for sale in the for sales area that would be more than plenty on your steering as well :good: Take a look HERE

Cheers :cheers:

Edited by PRAETORIAN

i have 2 power hd servos excellent and never had any issues

hd1501 for steering very powerful servo aroud £18 and hd9001 for servo aroud same price

the steering servo needs to be a powerful one whereas the throttle although important does not need to be

under £40 for both good bargain modelsport uk

Edited by ansmann1