• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Micro T Lipo Charger + battery, where to buy!?

Justhandguns

Here

Only place in the UK I have found, and delivery will probably take a while as they order everything in I believe. It might be better to ask another shop to order it in with the part number "AB0862", as you may get it cheaper.

THanks James! Yes, I did a search a while ago and found the same place. Maybe I should consider ordering it from the US. I don't understand why they do not import these Lipo charger/battery combo into the UK when they sell the Micro-T here!?

• 1 month later...
Or just buy the lipo and see if you can get a cheap lipo charger over here my normal charger is lipo ready som im just going to order the lipo.

A

I have just ordered the Lipo anyway as my original micro-t battery has had it so thought I might as well get Lipo. I have a Lipo charger at home anyway that I use for my 1/10th Lipo's but wondered if I might get away with charging the micro lipo battery on the stock battery powered charger - the lipo comes with built in protection circuitry according to the Modelsport page. Other wise my LIPO charger's lowest setting is 0.3 Amps - which is nearly 2C rate for this battery (180mah).

Advice please :helpsmilie:

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like you may have to get a new charger, as charging on the ni-mh is a big no, and 2C will be pushing it, especially for a little pack like that.

I decided what the heck - how big an explosion can a battery the size of a penny sweet make? :o

Charged OK at 0.3 amp on my Prolux Lipo capable charger. Only got 125mah into it though (should take 180mah). So it suffices but I'm not sure it is doing the battery any long-term favours or am getting the most run time out of it. But it didn't blow up at least ;)

Any one thinking of trying the same 'do so at your own risk'

• 2 weeks later...