• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

In Abit Of A Pickle!

Turner Boy

Helloooooo Ladies (if there are any) and gents!

Looking for a .28 engine for my kyosho kanai buggy, because its for a kanai it wont take a pull start engine, has to be bump start or boged in :huh:

so due to my budget the options are

Picco .28 9port £90-£150 :confused:

Go .28 pull start version £89 (bump start back plate is £4)

STS .28 £68 (bump start back plate is £12)

I aim to spend as little as possible :D but i do have the funds to get a picco im america when i go in 4 weeks :rolleyes::P

So basically, which oif these engines do you think will be the best?

BTW currently running a RB WS7-2.

Havent mentioned falcons or owt com im a jobless bum :(

Any insight/experiences/info will be helpful and appriciated :D

Cheers chaps!

TB :good:

i would go for the picco. i've never used any of the engines listed but.....

i've heard that the go.28 has some problems with it (cant remember what i heard the problems to be though)

and the sts's....well i know a couple of people who have had them and they have good power, but a bugger to tune.

never heard anything bad about the picco. apart from i think the OWB's are like £20, but not sure.

the sts is fine, its the pullys that are weak apart from that they're like any other engine,never had any trubble tuning them either..... get what u pay for but the sts has alot of power behind the low price tag.

personally I'd go for the Go .28, used one and broke in/tuned another last sunday, good engine. Piccos are fine but I'd go for the GO due to your budget. Maybe get a picco if its cheap enough over the pond....

yeah picco over the pond looks goot but pistion and liner sets ar3 sposed to be uber pricey :huh:

not heard alot abouyt the go so im abit sceptical but i have heard from loads of poeple with the sts and they all rate it and pistojn limner conrod (whole p/l/c kit really :P) is £38 posted :o cant really go qwron is how its looking lol

i wouldnt have a pull start issue as with the kit im running it would be bump start from the word go!