• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

cant run in my engine

cew27

well i have a GO.25 engine and at the moment i am rtying to run it in ..... the engine runs but quikly dies after 10-15 seconds ..... clearly far to ritch so i leaned each needele half a turn and it dous help but not alot so i think i may need a new plug ... ihave a nosram #6 plug seen here is this plug ok or so i need a hotter/cooler plug or are there anyother recomendations on how to get this damd tight engine started

cheers

well with the idle at about half throttle it stays on for about 15 seconds at half throttle then dies .... also there is lots of fuel coming out from around the plug evern thaugh it is in a tights as i can get it

there should be a washer on the plug - copper coloured

its jus too rich try leaning out the lsn and hsn a bit more, take note of how much u turn each needle and really u should be using a cold plug period.

a clod plug ... would this make the engine run better / easier and yes there is a copper washerforgot to mention im running 25% odonnels in a .25 engine

u indicated u need a new plug

.21+ engines will be fine on a cold plug for all year round starting and running. TBH I can't be bothered to explain it all nor can I find an old post where I did, hot and medium plugs start the engine a tiny bit easier but cold plugs and will with stand the heat issues during the break in and there after.

sounds like you have got the wrong plug, make sure the one you are using is the same size as the original one because the Turbo plugs i use in the Falcon are slightly shorter that other turbo plugs. i tried using a different one and got fuel coming up around the glow plug

turbo's don't use a washer as they're tapered and fit better, they're the same as a normal plug really for what they do but Mel is assuming u need a turbo cos your current one leaks

sorry mate i thought you would know if it was a turbo plug or not. what i meant was that even though my engine took turbo plugs they came in different sizes and you can only use 1 size so it could be the same with normal plugs. When i was braking in my engine i couldn't work out why there was fuel by the plug until i noticed 1 plug was a couple of mm longer. i will find out what one the go's is supposed to take

cool i did ask on maxbashing a few weeks ago but it didnt post as im on validation and the admins dont like me because i cant spell :P

For break in cew i have always used an osa3 hot plug and they do the trick perfect,

if you look at the back of the packet it says they are for rich/break in settings.

Also having a hot plug on break in will stop the engine cutting out, once its broke in i have found the alrounder os8 plug is spot on for big blocks.

marty :)

ahh well i looked on modelsport website and it said that the os3 was for small blocks so i wasnt sure ..... whats the difference between os a5 and the 0s8

They are slightly cooler than an 8 mate heres a link to understand os plugs better.

clicky

hope this helps your break in, it can be a right pain in the butt sometimes you just got to take your time doing it and not loose your rag.

well ..... i after about 3/4 turn leaning on the lsn and half a turn on hsn i got it to run and idle but it dies when i take the glow start out and its smoking at idle even after all that leaning :o .... i set the idle gap to about 3mm and opened throttle to about a quarter .... should i lean it out more or what

well ..... i after about 3/4 turn leaning on the lsn and half a turn on hsn i got it to run and idle but it dies when i take the glow start out and its smoking at idle even after all that leaning :o .... i set the idle gap to about 3mm and opened throttle to about a quarter .... should i lean it out more or what

To much on the lsn mate 3/4 is way to much they are so more precise than hsn, as for the hsn not enough, turn hsn in by 1 turn it won't hurt it, the 3mm gap mate is to much it should rev like made at 3mm unless your really lean and it cuts out.

to be honest cew i think its still to rich thats why its cutting out when ignitor comes off.

i know what your thinking "so why did he say its to much of a turn on the lsn".

this is because the hsn is the main jet where the fuel comes in so if you have a rich setting it will be automatically rich on the lsn even at 3/4 of a turn in on lsn it can be rich if the hsn is set to rich.

I would seriously give the hsn at least one turn and maybe the lsn 1/8 and1mm gap on the carb.

if you have smoke at high rpm your ok mate.

ok well 1/8th lean on lsn and one full torn on hsn didnt do much as i couldnt get the car to start but i will richn the lsn up by a half turn and lean the hsn by a half turn and try again 2 morro

i dont have a clue ..... it isnt a pig to tune .... i just cant get it lean enough to idle ... and im scared that if i lean it too much i will damage the engine