• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help converting cheap Temu boat power.

So I bought a cheap Temu boat which was a brilliant little boat which I had a lot of fun with. However I have discovered all 3 battery packs that came with it are not at the full voltage which is why every time I take it out is starts beeping at me.

Additional detail including pictures

I am struggling to find these batteries apart from on eBay, according to the label they are Li-ion 7.4v 700mah with the weird sm4p connectors

I’ve seen a lot of 360mah batteries to replace them but these were 700 so don’t want to lose the run time. Also with xt60 I could use my sky tc200 to charge it better.

Any thoughts on my options to convert, ie what do I do with the four wires to make it just two, can I just solder?

IMG_3380_Original.jpeg

IMG_3430.jpeg

Edited by SXFoxstar
Reworded

Also can I easily convert the boat to a more readily available two pin by simply soldering the two reds and two blacks together as I assume the only reason it is using four is to make the manufacturing simpler as the servo and motor can be connected separately without soldering?

• SXFoxstar changed the title to Help converting cheap Temu boat power.

The boat is trashed and binned so don’t worry about posting.

Hope to buy a decent replacement when I can justify it 😜

When you do get another boat try to get a ''hobbygrade type'' that way you can get spares upgrades for them 

• Thanks 1