• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Centaur/RGT Pro runner 1/10th scale Trail crawler RTR

14 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

what run time did you get mate ?

got an hour but not checked to see whats left in pack, i would think its down to about 55% so just over an hour left in it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Well here is my first pro runner video, slap the headphones on and turn it up as its a real nice backing tune then at very end you hear what the truck sounds like, pleased with this video 

Awesome video that mate looks great on the trails.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Thats decent runtime :good:

Ha ha i checked the battery on the checker still has 85% left in the tank.........Tesla eat your heart out this is how electric cars are done so slow crawl runtime from one pack should exceed 3 hours 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abyd said:

It's an FTX Centaur (Ford Bronco).

First thing I did was peel all the stickers off  !!!!

eta:

FTX supply a Green Body-Shell as a spare part in the UK.

But green is only RGT imports atm 

Maybe FTX will eventually release this in green in the UK, via CML Distribution, in the future 🤔

Think it looks better with no stickers

• Like 1

The FTX logo on the front and back is almost the same shape as a Ford badge!

2WD is nice to have, definitely improves turning circle and high speed nimbleness.   

But have to remember that the rear axle is still locked when free-wheeling so probably not as good as remote locking diff's front and rear🤔  .....(Might need to get an FTX Tracker one day😎)

I attached a spare wheel from a Zorro, also using the spacer from the body shell of my Torro.

The mounting point on the tailgate is quite sturdy as it is part of the bumper body-mount plastic 😀

centaur pic wheel.PNG

Edited by abyd
correction
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Think it looks better with no stickers

Hmm im in 2 minds about that

looks good with or without stickers :good:

• Like 1

This video explains how to enter the secret configuration menu to set the end points on the 2WD servo.

I have seen stories of these burning out due to overshooting.

Mine did make a bit of a mild buzz until forced an extra mm or so by hand.

I have improved it slightly.   But I did not unplug the servos and the winch starts winding itself in when the transmitter is in config mode and jammed. So I just wound it all the way out and tried a few times, just being quick setting up the servo.

• Like 1

A set of roof bars arrived that i plan on fitting these are very well made, but i think i will delete the black cross bars and just have the rail on each side, also Harry turned up, his licence for the Millennium Falcon has been taken from him due to age so now he is taking up trail driving in his old age, might need to lose his legs to get him in the cab

roof bars.JPG

Harry.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2024 at 01:05, abyd said:

The FTX logo on the front and back is almost the same shape as a Ford badge!

2WD is nice to have, definitely improves turning circle and high speed nimbleness.   

But have to remember that the rear axle is still locked when free-wheeling so probably not as good as remote locking diff's front and rear🤔  .....(Might need to get an FTX Tracker one day😎)

I attached a spare wheel from a Zorro, also using the spacer from the body shell of my Torro.

The mounting point on the tailgate is quite sturdy as it is part of the bumper body-mount plastic 😀

centaur pic wheel.PNG

I found some Ford badges the exact same size which look superb (see pic below).

I got my Centaur a couple of weeks ago and have only use it once, really enjoying it so far. I do want to add a spare wheel to the back though - which FTX parts did you use to mount that wheel?

The official Centaur spare wheel mounts are not available yet.

IMG_9541.thumb.jpg.60a9788e981b8251b9bfbe5c7ed1174b.jpg

• Like 1