• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick iON / 1:16 Buggy

Naptime

Hi All

Well, I don't think we can be RC enthusiasts without at least one VW bugg 😄 . So here's my latest brfore & after & first RC Baja Beetle.
It was a Maverick iON MT 1:18 truck that I picked up from model sport 'second hand' for £45 as a cheap don't care if it breaks kinda car. The original shell was cheap AF an broke straight away So, when browsing I found this 1:16 Kamtech on the eBay as well as the spoiler. Needed to raise the shell up to fit. Found some body post extender kits for the car as the same chassis is used on loads of different shells. This left a huge gap So, the "Roost gaurds" are 1:10 crawler ladders glued on. I've been told the front bumper mount screw is easily damaged, extended the roost gard to cover that. 
I was going to do a two tone paint job but, got impatiant an bottled out! Pretty stoaked on how it came out. Fast as it needs to be for it's little size & pulls wheelies when my vortex does'nt 😞
Just waiting for the rain to ef orf now.
Jonathan

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

IMG_20240302_184732_929.jpg

Edited by Naptime
spelling
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

P.S all in all I spent aboot £90 &  this Kamtec shell is great!

Edited by Naptime
  • Like 2