• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder tiger mta4 s28

Hello just got myself a thunder tiger mta4 s28 and I was trying to start it and the pull cord inside snapped off, the bit where the hex head goes has also worn out I am just wondering if I add a new hex head fitting would this start?? or would I need to replace the pull cord and it would most probably start?? 

the  day before this happen it started really well but wouldn’t start when I tried it again 

just after some more information 

thank you!! 

82CCCE04-43CD-43C6-88D1-9837AB63DE24.jpeg

44B9D36C-E099-4D8B-A404-3D04E3C23516.jpeg

2472CAA5-3076-4E90-ADAA-6764666DEE19.jpeg

Ino was my dads, he recently had it going but I can’t get it going due to the starter coupler been worn out, need to try find a replacement. Recently got it so try to figure out what is what is a task 

thanks for help! appreciate 

where would I find that piece to find if it’s broke ?? 

Part No. 20 is the one way bearing.

Or rather, to be 100% accurate, the bearing and it's housing. The bearing is pressed into the hex part. I have replaced bearings on their own before as it saves a few ££, as long as you know what you are doing.

Your MT seems to be fitted with a dual starter setup. Pullstart, or drillstart. Part 22 effectively allows the drill starter to bypass the pullstart assembly and drive the crank directly. But if your one-way bearing is shot...then you definitely want to replace it.

If it was me...I'd replace the pullstart, clean the one way bearing and see. If the pullstart slips...replace the bearing.