• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Weird 30DNT behaviour

Hi there, I just bought a new 30DNT truck to play with between riding my MTB's....started it for the first time today and was giving it its first ten minutes tick over running in time and about 5 minutes in the engine revs shot up without me touching anything!! i panicked and hit the kill switch....its now been ticking over for the 2nd time fine and it hasnt revved it nuts off again,.... started it for the 3rd time and it started at much higher revs than normal so killed it and wiggled the throttle and brakes, started it again and seems to be behaving so far...  any ideas welcome 🙂

why are you running a motor in at tickover?  If you bought a new car, would you park it in the drive and leave it to idle for an hour or so? Doubt it. It's even worse for a 2 stroke engine.

This isn't a nitro motor, it's a ringed piston in a chrome bore. Just drive it gently for a bit to let things bed in, check head bolts are tight and start giving it more gas. All that happens when you force a 2 stroke motor to idle for extended periods is you build up unburnt fuel in the crankcase, which is probably causing your odd running behaviour. It can also foul the plug too.

Edited by Nitroholic

Hi and thanks for the advice, it said in the instructions to tick over for ten minutes, let it cool and repeat, I did that and i have just done ten minutes at half throttle blips, next outing im gonna gun it i think, the place i bought it thinks my issue was caused by a air leak, it hasnt revved up again but was cutting out when warm, seller said this is also a symptom of a air leak so hes sending me a new 'carb isolator' and gaskets ....next run is hopefully gonna be sweet.....after the last run tho i found alot of very small and shiny metal particles sitting in the tray, im hoping this is the burs from the brake disks/rotors, i cant see any damage anywhere, has anyone noticed this before  ?