• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Menace 21

I have Schumacher menace I use to use and abuse as a teen in 2005. It's been sat since and the engine seems seized up. New plug and fuel lines but it doesn't turn or draw fuel. Is there a new engine that'll fit easily or am I looking for vintage parts to replace it? 

It has the thunder tiger pro 21 currently.

Depends if you want to try and get it going and if it was running well last time. Take the cooling head off and the head button with glow plug. You can then hopefully see down into the crankcase, unless stuck at TDC, if you can then fill it with some fresh nitro fuel and leave it over night. If still not turning over then take backplate off, try heating engine, spray WD40, and use flywheel to turn it over, rocking back/forth. Usually the residual nitro oil dries up in a stored engine. I've recently got a Fastrax Enduro 21 engine and performs well in a 1/8 buggy and dont see why it wouldnt fit.