• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC car racing trophies vs other sports

frst

At bigger meets, there are usually trophies or plaques for the first three in each final, but why?

Surely fourth in the "A" final is better than first in the "D"?  Yet the lower final podium placements will come away with a little something...

Not being dismissive in any way, I guess it must be a "steps on the ladder" kind of thing? So a pleasant discussion only, please!

As an aside, are there any other sports that do this? Where direct competitors are awarded differently? (Not different leagues or classes, literally direct competitors with equal equipment and rules?)

Thanks in advance 

Each final is its own race, that would be like giving everyone in a Formula 1 race a trophy, but the F3 race earlier that day gets nothing.

Its about racing against people who are equal (more or less) and not crashing under the pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the fact that there's generally a much larger spread of ability at even then biggest meets and high amounts of entry, everyone knows that realistically there's probably only 5-6 people capable of the top 3 steps unless something wild happens.

Everyone usually puts in the same amount of time, the early start, the distant travelled etc. it's nice for more people to have something to show for it.

I feel just as proud of my E final podium trophy at Regionals this year as I do trophies from Top 3 overall at club level championships