• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi-Rock shock absorbers.

Just got myself a used Hi-Rock and was wondering how to firm up the soft suspension on it.

The shoks are full of oil but the spring does not feel very firm at all. I could put thicker oil in them im guessing. And there is no adjustment on them at all.

So how do I go about finding a set of firmer springs? Or better shocks that would go straight on the car.

Also does anyone know of a crawler track around the Greater Manchester area. I'm in Burh and ther is nothing near me at all many thanks .

Any advice please. 

Regards

John

• Like 1

regards a crawler spot check out local woodlands they can be okay, as for shocks not heard bad things so i would get some green slime type shock grease strip each shock and then rebuild having lubed with slime on moving parts then go heavy on shock oil, you may be able to mount the top screw lower down to help preload the shocks