• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Next 1/18th crawler??

Lone-wolf

So i am looking at getting a second new 1/18th crawler, this will be so my wife has a diddy one then we can back pack them on walks and stuff...i had planned to get an FTX rock van evo but then took a longer look at the FMS FCX18 Toyota, its more money but i feel it may be worth getting, but the nice colours are well and truly out of stock (dont like the mustard yellow).........so what to get?

• Like 1

Is this for you or for the mrs?

I guess she doesnt like the yellow either ?

I know your stance on Traxxass but what about the TRX4M and its similar cost to the FMS of offering ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Is this for you or for the mrs?

I guess she doesnt like the yellow either ?

I know your stance on Traxxass but what about the TRX4M and its similar cost to the FMS of offering ?

Must NOT say bad things about Traxxas         Must NOT say bad things about Traxxas          Must NOT say bad things about Traxxas        Must NOT say bad things about Traxxas

I did think about a TRX4m for a very short while but i dont think i could bring myself to do it and i would be a huge hypocrite after all the comments i have made, also the bundled radio with TRX is a big basic thing, i much prefer the rebrand Flysky units FMS and FTX use, they are really nice radio`s.

Sadly the FCX18 is totally out of stock with no arrival date with any supplier , so might have to pont out to the good lady the virtues of the rock van evo

• Haha 1

I kind of expected the above reaction mate :rofl:

But 1 way round it could be to give her the money and she buys it ?

No hypocracy there as far as i see it as you arnt buying it 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I kind of expected the above reaction mate :rofl:

But 1 way round it could be to give her the money and she buys it ?

No hypocracy there as far as i see it as you arnt buying it 

I see where your going with that but a danger......she ends up buying a ruddy handbag lol

• Haha 1

At the rate that FMS launch new models, there will probably be another body coming for the FCX18 before long.  I liked the Toyota Land Cruiser body on the Katana but had hoped for something a bit different on the FCX, rather than just using the same body again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

At the rate that FMS launch new models, there will probably be another body coming for the FCX18 before long.  I liked the Toyota Land Cruiser body on the Katana but had hoped for something a bit different on the FCX, rather than just using the same body again.

You might be right about another new model, a smart doge ram would be welcome

So a bit of digging and the FCX18 is all out of stock on uk sites other than wheelspin still have the yellow (no thanks) but it seems the FCX18 has plastic type gears in transmission and diffs, that is a no no and metal gears are about maybe $40-60, so on the back of this it makes the FTX/Hobbyplus Rock van Evo a better bet and even budgeting for a set of oil shocks still works out less money and has all metal gears, so i can see this being the way forward

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wombat said:

How about a small unimog to go with the big one? 🤔

No, its a nice little one but not so keen on the style of the 1966 mog, the rock van evo gets a lot of love and its a tiny bit bigger than the others, just needs oil shocks