• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hi, i need help with a wltoys 144001 controller problem

Pizzalover697754

i have a wltoys 144001 and have upgraded many parts on it including the body. But the steering has stopped working and i have done some troubleshooting, and have discovered it is the controller that is the problem. Can anyone confirm or deny whether any wltoys 144001 controller will go with any wltoys 144001 car? (I would buy a replacment controller for the stock one i have now) Would it automatically connect to my car even though its a new controller? Or do i have to buy a whole new esc and controller? 

Thanks for any suggestions

This could be you opportunity to upgrade to a better rxtx combo 

My racing tt02 currently has  https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/etronix-pulse-ex3g-3ch-24ghz-fhss-wheel-radio-system-1346492 (6 years so far 0 issues) 

Wife's tamiya grasshopper has https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tmhk-gt2b-3ch-2-4ghz-transmitter-and-receiver-w-rechargable-li-ion-battery-1 (2 years 0 issues) 

No its a Transmitter and receiver combo and you would need a Transmitter and Receiver/esc combo 

If your sure its the Transmitter thats faulty just get a replacement Transmitter for your WL toys model 

But 1st you could try rebinding the transmitter to the car as they can sometimes lose bind it should say how to in the manual

I'm pretty sure it's a faulty transmitter/controller because (it connects),the throttle work and steering trim works so it's just the main steering input that doesn't work. I have looked inside the controller and nothing has unplugged itself,so it's a eletronic issue. (with the main board I think)

Edited by Pizzalover697754

If its 2.4 ghz you can just buy the wl toys transmitter then bind it to the car 

there will be a manual for it either in the box or online that will tell you how to do it 

2 hours ago, Pizzalover697754 said:

Is the combo you use also a esc aswell as transmitter and  controller? The wltoys 144001 esc is a esc and transmitter, so I would need a esc, transmitter and controller combo

You could find a tamiya tble-02s on ebay and get either of the rxtx combos I'm using