• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Heng Long M26 Pershing Tank new pics

Mr Johnty

Yes just around the back garden thats all sounds and moves real well.

can i ask a quick question please?

The guy i got it from said not to use a battery over1800Mah as it might burn it out.

I was under the impession that a higher Mah just gives you a much onger run time as long as you dont go over 7,2V.

i was planning on putting a 5000Mah Ni-Mh battery in it at the moment it has a 1800Mah Ni-cd that is not great.

can i up the Mah without damaging it??

Cheer

john

• Like 1

Hmm not heard that before and i do use various up to 5000 mah nihms in mine but cant guarantee it wont burn yours out 

having said that I have run up to 5000 mah nihms in 3 Heng long and 2 Taigen tanks tho without issue 

Hmm err no if its a standard sized nihm ie sub c the 1800 is same size as a 5000mah and it will fit straight into the battery box

The only tank i have that it wont fit is the T34 which uses a pack with smaller cells its more like a transmitter pack in size 

yes i was under the impression that Mah just extends the run time.

my next question is when i fully charge the 7.2v it is realy 8.2v wont that hurt the system board in the tank?

I never have a problem putting a fully charged battery at 8.4v in an rc car so would it be any differaen in the tank.

as you canntell im not very up on electronics.

doesnt matter the mah of the nihm as all 7.2v will be 8.2 when full i would say

I do know that the Heng long boards are kind of working on their limits with not a lot of leeway but i dont see how a higher capacity will damage it

to be fair i do use 4200 or 5000 mah nihms in most of my tanks with up to now no ill effects