• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LIPO charger

wolfie1

Just to report back on this, i changed the capacity cutoff to 15000mah and its charging away lovely now, its showing the 10000 packs have taken 11000 and something and are at 16.76v so they are about done, happy to have gotten this sorted without the expensive of another charger, there was a setting to turn this feature off altogether but thought it best to leave some sort of safety feature in there 🙂 thanks again for the help

• Like 3

Continuing on with this, i have decided to buy another charger anyways as it was taking 4.5-5 hours to charge my 4 batteries (and i have another 2 coming) and it was just ruining my fun, i would go out and run the car late morning and then its getting dark before i can go out again, so have bought a sky quad charger, so hopefully it will just take 2 hours to charge all my batteries.

The charger i bought from aliexpress charges at more wattage and current between 11-18 v than at mains power, a while ago i bought another charger on here second hand that i think can be used as a power supply as well as a charger, so if i hook my aliexpress charger up to that, would that work?

it depends on the wattage of the power source mate 

I think you need a 250 watt power source to run the sky charger at full whack 

I have the sky quad and the sky twin port chargers and was using a 400 watt power source to run both but its been ages since ive used those as i got this 1

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/313691/

each port is capable of 100 watts so 400 watts total

50 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

it depends on the wattage of the power source mate 

I think you need a 250 watt power source to run the sky charger at full whack 

I have the sky quad and the sky twin port chargers and was using a 400 watt power source to run both but its been ages since ive used those as i got this 1

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/313691/

each port is capable of 100 watts so 400 watts total

It was the htrc aliexpress charger i was wanting to run off a power supply, the sky 1 appears to give 400w 12a on each channel when plugged in this is the sky 1 i have bought https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-t400q-ac-dc-charger-1346891

this is the cheap charger that i have currently that i was thinking about using a power pack to power  for more power https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiW5sPFkNiBAxVclGgJHZZ_DUAYABAPGgJ3Zg&ae=2&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1OmoBhDXARIsAAAYGSGGX53LKdRrJRDgq_lCSeK3sn8yelomuUYGao4sy8-uZ1LQOHvcm4gaAmh6EALw_wcB&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAESVeD2JV7CyayWp2sHWA49t8bTAz63gbuDHb5t5rubZIU-WoujGRYDUYpM4luSmgfep9ER9DIsZGYNGoy8WEUs3muGkRX94J60ng7kZ9V9mz2w5j6N5Cg&sig=AOD64_3XRLbYKwv5KlqSH4mTtRuFM5IOsg&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj71rvFkNiBAxWtVkEAHXwTCGsQ5bgDKAB6BAgEEAk&adurl= i paid a lot less than £55 from aliexpress

Edited by wolfie1

Fair enough mate 

Ive had my 1 a year or 2 now and the sky is newer design

I dont think it will charge a 4s at 12a as its still 100 w per charge port

i think it will do 4s at 6.75A but it should do 4 batteries at that amps

but it will prob do a 2s at 12a

Oh my sky quads diferent from that 1 as well 

17 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Fair enough mate 

Ive had my 1 a year or 2 now and the sky is newer design

I dont think it will charge a 4s at 12a as its still 100 w per charge port

i think it will do 4s at 6.75A but it should do 4 batteries at that amps

but it will prob do a 2s at 12a

Oh my sky quads diferent from that 1 as well 

After looking into chargers, there is not really the greatest selection of them going about. 6.75 is still better than what that htrc 1 does and can charge 4 at the same time

All i need to do now is go flatten some batteries and test it out now, but was busy tonight as was helping the farmer at the top of the track doing some bailing and its raining for the rest of the week now

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another question in regards to charging, so the charger i bought will charge up to 12a but when charging 4s as i was told it wont charge more that 6.75a or something like that, in the settings you can change the charge amps to 10a for a 10000mah battery and 8.4a for a 8400mah battery but since the charger will only charge a 4s at 6.75a is there any point setting it to 8.4 and 10000,  could just leave it at 12a as its only ever going to charge at 6.75 which is below the capacity of the battery or have i got this wrong?