• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Deagostini Subaru diff cogs

Jason_Leeds

I have a Deagostini Subaru.

I am thinking of upgrading the motor to a brushless one, the problem I have is the diff cogs are plastic and will just strip with the power of the motor.  I have found metal ones on Ebay but my local shop said there is none available for this car.

This is one of the ones I found on Ebay, I get I need to check tooth count with the brushless, has anyone tried this.  TIA.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323500795912?hash=item4b52266808:g:0GUAAOSwnVRbxIEO&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4BTY7pb4DzxsFZsGlJ0ATy0vpoK9%2BXRtIJDqbZbydcres3pf418eGVgCKLpcnmtXN65tL%2FWwuGs0BWgMnwVU08PRJ8GDLwChbqOuZT57O%2BLGesnuEkm18uCbxsF0rQyODxSRu7tySzYwDjJxXu67BMeSCV1In7KVuv%2F1F5vuFdb7I%2BcgCF9iJSOy1O%2FXy0cJnGpXR%2Bk4yTkvGC0eIy%2BmAts5Y4rs%2FlqHmX8JcwAU0tx09ocd7K%2BCWAnD4Xks%2BCDbwSzqhfxlY0No6l%2BOd%2BNQO%2ByAn%2FdS0MV1L6VMOLdpWw1i|tkp%3ABFBM0u-D7cNi

• 3 months later...
On 22/8/2023 at 22:15, Jason_Leeds said:

Tengo un Subaru Deagostini.

Estoy pensando en actualizar el motor a uno sin escobillas, el problema que tengo es que los engranajes del diferencial son de plástico y simplemente se desgastan con la potencia del motor. Encontré unos de metal en Ebay, pero en mi tienda local dijeron que no hay ninguno disponible para este coche.

The stock transmission had a 72T spur gear (0.6M module, about 42m in diameter) and a 24T pinion (about 15mm in diameter). The distance between shafts would be 57mm; a distance less than 57mm causes the motor to touch the gearbox housing.

If you change the spur gear and pinion to a 0.8M module, you can put a 48T (40mm) spur gear but the pinion should be at least 20T (17mm).
If you upgrade to a 64T-0.6M (39mm) spur gear, the pinion must be at least 28T (18mm).

spacer.png