• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GMC long bed 454ci build

8 hours ago, ad456m said:

Thanks @stupar, that’s the way I was kinda thinking to go down so have a body on the way home now. I think my mate has a razor saw so I’ll borrow that as pull saws really do make a night and day difference on this kinda job. 
That engine looks wicked wired up, did you have to reshape the firewall or does the distributor clear it?

You won't regret it, just take your time and you will be as good as gold.

The firewall is original in its form

The distributor just clears it by a few millimetres 

• 4 weeks later...

That looks class. How’s the progress coming?

Are they Shapeways bits? If so do you know of any real difference between the two available plastics other than price on the Mod19RC parts? 

That’s looking tidy @stupar! The bed inlay is a good addition. How is the RC4WD visor? It’s the first one I’ve seen in the wild. 

As luck would have it I had a guy I know come into work just before finish last night and he’s agreed to print me some stuff that I can’t due to my printer bed size and as an added bonus my Blazer body set turned up this morning. Many thanks for the pointers man👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ad456m said:

That’s looking tidy @stupar! The bed inlay is a good addition. How is the RC4WD visor? It’s the first one I’ve seen in the wild. 

As luck would have it I had a guy I know come into work just before finish last night and he’s agreed to print me some stuff that I can’t due to my printer bed size and as an added bonus my Blazer body set turned up this morning. Many thanks for the pointers man👍

Cheers buddy.

The visor is really nice, I will be honest though and say I found it a bit too long over the windshield so I modified it to take about 5mm off the leading edge.

I also flattened out the side curves so I could purposefully tilt it down the way. All the official media photos of it have it pointing skyward which isn't right.

Have fun with your new body modding, can't wait to see it 👌🏻

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, ad456m said:

That’s some nice hinges!
That cowl is much better than most of the 3d printed ones, a far better profile👍

Cheers dude.

I agree re the cowl. I was originally looking at the Shrink RC one but find it's height to obtrusive.

Next best thing is to make your own. I quite like working with styrene so it was a good few hours spent finessing the final item and fit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking lively👍

The truck will pop some with the contrast of those. The style of the era is running strong! Awesome 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...