• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Promoto-MX RC Bike

53HRA

For starters, the Kyosho bike isn't "less than a third". The kit is £170 (no, the one offer at £150 that's out of stock doesn't count). You still need ESC, Servo and Radio. So even if we're generous and say only £70 for all the above, you're at £250. 

That's £250 for a brushed, non-stabilised 1/8th bike that barely makes jogging speed. Makes a £579, dual-brushless, stabilised 1/4th bike that goes 40+mph with external disc brake look actually pretty good. What you're arguing is that a Kronos or Savage is vastly overpriced because look how cheap TT01 are. 

I'm not arguing that the Promoto is cheap, it is not. It only appears "extremely overpriced" if you don't pay attention though, and draw your conclusions from false equivalence. For what it is, that's more or less the price i'd expect (i did expect £550). 

25 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

For starters, the Kyosho bike isn't "less than a third". The kit is £170 (no, the one offer at £150 that's out of stock doesn't count). You still need ESC, Servo and Radio. So even if we're generous and say only £70 for all the above, you're at £250. 

That's £250 for a brushed, non-stabilised 1/8th bike that barely makes jogging speed. Makes a £579, dual-brushless, stabilised 1/4th bike that goes 40+mph with external disc brake look actually pretty good. What you're arguing is that a Kronos or Savage is vastly overpriced because look how cheap TT01 are. 

I'm not arguing that the Promoto is cheap, it is not. It only appears "extremely overpriced" if you don't pay attention though, and draw your conclusions from false equivalence. For what it is, that's more or less the price i'd expect (i did expect £550). 

None of the  Losi bikes are in stock anywhere, the one that retails for around £550-600, and the one that retails for £600 to £650.  I honestly expected these to retail for around the £250 to £350 mark when I first heard about them.  I honestly don't see anything new on them that hasn't not only been done before, but done better, perhaps not all on the same bike RC, or on a ready to run out the box one.

3 hours ago, Grogg said:

None of the  Losi bikes are in stock anywhere, the one that retails for around £550-600, and the one that retails for £600 to £650.  I honestly expected these to retail for around the £250 to £350 mark when I first heard about them.  I honestly don't see anything new on them that hasn't not only been done before, but done better, perhaps not all on the same bike RC, or on a ready to run out the box one.

The new Losi ProMoto is not for me, but I dont see how you can come to this conclusion. Theyre stock issues are because theyre not out yet, and these are genuinely ground breaking. £250-350 doesn’t get you anything in RC these days, so dont know what you were expecting. I wasn’t even surprised at the original £709 price.

Its obviously not for you, like it isnt for me, but cool and new innovative RCs is great for the hobby.

• Like 2

From what YouTube has been offering it seems these are like any new release and suffer from the dreaded lack of pre sale  testing. Mind you they have already announced a huge load of upgrades 😂.  

• Haha 1

It actually works pretty well without the bars, get it on the right surface and I don't think you'll need them. If this sells as well as the current hype suggests it will, I can see if Losi sticks with it and continues development on it I think the next version will be something pretty amazing.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 2

Agreed I think folks should hold off for the v2 over this one I remember getting the first batch of monster truck to find that had issues and they then shortly after released a v2 that fixed those problems. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...