• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noob to electrics

SlayerLayer

So i currently only have 1 electric car axial scx10 but it's very slow, to make it go faster can i just use bigger lipos currently running on s2 or do i need new motor and esc.

I've been away from the hobby for probably 5 or 6 years i still have quite a few nitro and petrol cars, but i have almost 0 knowledge about electrics as such exept they're good for running steering and throttle servos 😂 so any info would be appreciated.

Bigger 2s lipo's wont make it faster but will give longer run times

Going to 3s might be the answer if your esc is able to handle 3s

The SCX10 is a crawler tho isnt it ? so wouldnt really be that fast anyway 

@Stormbringer yeah that's what i meant going to s3 or s4, how can i find out if the esc can handle s3 as it almost seems like there's no writing on it unless it's on the underside but it's glued into the box.

Yeah it is but i can literally slow walk much faster than it can go at full speed and I've been out with a few other guys who have crawlers and they easily leave mine for dust 😅🤣

Edited by SlayerLayer

• 5 months later...
On 04/12/2023 at 13:52, SlayerLayer said:

My esc doesn't even have a name 😅 but should i replace motor and esc or change the pinion gear its 14 tooth.

If so any links would be helpful if possible.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That esc is a hobbywing quicrun 1060 it can go to a 3s 

• Thanks 1