• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My TT02 Content ( R vs SRX)

Kpowell911

33 minutes ago, iGP said:

A thread revival but I have been reading this thread with interest and I'm impressed with how good those SuperStock motors perform.

I have a few brand new SuperStock BZ, TZ, RZ and GT Tuned motors just sitting in boxes however, after following this thread I've just sourced and purchased a new Tamyia 47326 TT-02R Chassis Kit.

Time to hunt down the Tamiya TT-02 Adjustable Upper Arm Set to make that suspension adjustable... I feel a Skyline 2000GT vibe coming with perhaps some drift tyres? 🤘

Truth be told the R impresses me the most for the money!

I looked into all the TT-02 kits available and did some comparisons before making a purchase. The Type-S kit does have better suspension but doesn't come with the hop-ups the TT-02R kit has.

For just a few quid you can improve the TT-02R suspension making this perhaps a better value alternative when compared to the Type-S?

1 hour ago, iGP said:

I looked into all the TT-02 kits available and did some comparisons before making a purchase. The Type-S kit does have better suspension but doesn't come with the hop-ups the TT-02R kit has.

For just a few quid you can improve the TT-02R suspension making this perhaps a better value alternative when compared to the Type-S?

The SR is great if you can find one avaliable

I was unable to find the SR unfortunately, only the S or SRX. I was thinking of adding the Tamiya 54947 Carbon Damper Stay II kit but would I need 2 sets, 1 for the front and 1 for the rear?

4 hours ago, iGP said:

I was unable to find the SR unfortunately, only the S or SRX. I was thinking of adding the Tamiya 54947 Carbon Damper Stay II kit but would I need 2 sets, 1 for the front and 1 for the rear?

Yes you would need 2 for both front and rear

• Thanks 1

Thanks for confirming. Kit should be delivered tomorrow then I'll order the Carbon Damper Stay II kits and the Adjustable Upper Arm Set however, not sure whether to replace the CVA oil dampers with the Yeah Racing Shock-Gear 55mm Damper Set?

Edited by iGP
Suspension upgrade?

1 hour ago, iGP said:

Thanks for confirming. Kit should be delivered tomorrow then I'll order the Carbon Damper Stay II kits and the Adjustable Upper Arm Set however, not sure whether to replace the CVA oil dampers with the Yeah Racing Shock-Gear 55mm Damper Set?

I personally wouldnt buy Yeah Racing stuff, id either keep the CVAs or go for TRFs. Are you sure the adjustable arms fit the carbon towers?

IMO, unless youre getting the Carbon towers cheap, from say Plaza Japan, I wouldnt spend £40+ on a pair

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I personally wouldnt buy Yeah Racing stuff, id either keep the CVAs or go for TRFs. Are you sure the adjustable arms fit the carbon towers?

IMO, unless youre getting the Carbon towers cheap, from say Plaza Japan, I wouldnt spend £40+ on a pair

Funny you mention this as I asked for advice from Model Sport and they claim both are compatible? I can't seem to find a set of TRFs for the TT-02R otherwise I'd get those to fit the stock towers... any ideas?

29 minutes ago, iGP said:

Funny you mention this as I asked for advice from Model Sport and they claim both are compatible? I can't seem to find a set of TRFs for the TT-02R otherwise I'd get those to fit the stock towers... any ideas?

I get all my stuff from Plaza Japan my shocks afe TRF Bigbores they are £42 there but nearly £100 here. Out of stock mind 😞

Noticed everything is out of stock with regards to this area, only parts I can find is the Yeah Racing. I've had a browse on Plaza Japan and guess what... out of stock!

It's either the YR or the supplied CVA dampers however, any other hop-ups I should consider?

Edited by iGP
Hop-ups?

6 hours ago, iGP said:

Noticed everything is out of stock with regards to this area, only parts I can find is the Yeah Racing. I've had a browse on Plaza Japan and guess what... out of stock!

It's either the YR or the supplied CVA dampers however, any other hop-ups I should consider?

Id look into aluminium steering upgrades. The CVAs are fine

• Thanks 1

On 19/01/2024 at 16:08, Kpowell911 said:

Id look into aluminium steering upgrades. The CVAs are fine

I've been looking into this more over the past few weeks and may pull the trigger on the YR 55mm damper set, also contemplating the TAMIYA 54753 TT-02 CVA Super Mini Shock Set. If I do go down the YR path, I'm thinking of replacing the O-rings with Tamiya 42359 TRF O-rings. Feedback suggest that the YR O-rings appear to crack overtime?

6 hours ago, iGP said:

I've been looking into this more over the past few weeks and may pull the trigger on the YR 55mm damper set, also contemplating the TAMIYA 54753 TT-02 CVA Super Mini Shock Set. If I do go down the YR path, I'm thinking of replacing the O-rings with Tamiya 42359 TRF O-rings. Feedback suggest that the YR O-rings appear to crack overtime?

I personally try to only ever use genuine Tamiya Hop Ups so not much experience with Yeah Racing stuff. Its mainly nostalgia for me, I just love the Tamiya packaging 

• Like 1

I've bought a lot of Yeah Racing stuff. They've always impressed me with their quality and strength. No complaints from me! :good:

However, I do get the desire to keep it all Tamiya.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 19:09, Kpowell911 said:

Its mainly nostalgia for me, I just love the Tamiya packaging 

On 24/01/2024 at 19:38, PraetoR said:

I've bought a lot of Yeah Racing stuff. They've always impressed me with their quality and strength. No complaints from me! :good:

However, I do get the desire to keep it all Tamiya.

Have to agree on this.

I've decided to purchase the Tamiya 54752 TT-02 Steering Upgrade Parts Set and 2x Tamiya 54947 TT-02 Carbon Damper Stay II.

I couldn't get my hands on a reasonably priced set of TRF dampers so decided to make an order for the Yeah Racing Shock-Gear 55mm Damper Set as I've seen quite a few positive comments on this set.

UPDATE

Following on from a previous posting above. I've now ordered Tamiya 53585 3mm Shim Sets, Tamiya 53587 5mm Shim Sets, Tamiya 9805922/19805922 Urethane Bushings, Yeah Racing Alloy Wheel Hex Washer Set (Thick 6mm) and finally Yeah Racing Alloy Wheel Spacer 0.5mm/1.0mm Set.

These new additions should remove any slop, help tightening tolerances and minimise wear on certain parts like the drive, shafts and other areas of the chassis.

Edited by iGP
Following up with more parts.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...