• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Absima CR6S help

RC4WD fan

Ok so have a Absima CR6S for my TRX 4 it was working a couple of days perfect now this morning I went to test something and there’s nothing on the RX when I power on the green light flash’s a couple of times before turning to constant green but where is now also a constant flashing blue light beside it never noticed it before anyone have any ideas ? It’s not the ESC/motor/servo as it all works with a different RX/TX I’ve looked online and through the manual for trouble shooting but have come up with nothing any help would be much appreciate 

so it works with another rx/tx then its pointing to either your transmitter or receiver at fault 

you havnt moved throttle trim at all , make sure its centered and you could try rebinding tx/rx

ok next question whats a cr6s ?

10 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

so it works with another rx/tx then its pointing to either your transmitter or receiver at fault 

you havnt moved throttle trim at all , make sure its centered and you could try rebinding tx/rx

ok next question whats a cr6s ?

It’s this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/absima-cr6s-24ghz-6-channel-radio-447233 when I use my gt3b all is good when using the cr6s nothing just a constant green and flashing blue light on the rx I’ve tried re binding several time and haven’t touched the trims 

ok not familliar with that radio but its looking like thats the prob

have you tried using it in  whatevever your using the gt3b on and see if it works  ?

17 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

ok not familliar with that radio but its looking like thats the prob

have you tried using it in  whatevever your using the gt3b on and see if it works  ?

Yep still exactly the same quite disappointed to be honest I know it’s only a £40 TX/RX set but it’s not got wet dropped or anything don’t know if I should get a new RX or look for something else needs to have 4ch minimum as I’ve got the locking diff and 2 speed conversion kit to put on the TRX 4 in hindsight I should of brought the premium kit 🤣

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

can you return it for refund ?

Just tried they said no as it was my fault don’t know how they worked that out 😤

can’t do anything till Tuesday now as it good Friday and the bank holiday Monday it’s a 5+ch I need throttle steering 2 speed front and rear lockers

49 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

where did you buy it ?

did you pay by paypal ?

How old is it ?

A local hobby shop payed cash over the counter and it’s brand new well the seals were there anyway after the way the phone call ended not much hope 🤣definitely won’t buy from there again I ordered a new RX from modelsport hopefully will be here in the Saturday post if that fails I’ll have to start looking for something else 🙄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redback said:

I had 2 absima radios, both died, it was the touch screen version, replace the batteries, and dead...

Radiolink are far better and more reliable, just watch the 4gs trigger is a bit iffy, maybe the v2 is better now.

To be honest I’m thinking of just getting the same TX/RX that comes with the TRX 4 RTR

Edited by RC4WD fan

8 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Sure you have already tried but have you swapped out the tx batteries?  It looks lke a DumboRC clone and the tx flashes blue on that when the batteries are low.  

The blue flashing light is on the receiver not the transmitter that is what you’re saying right?

Never really seen what the receiver does but the transmitter flashes blue (rx was tucked away in receiver box). 

The only reason I mentioned it is that I had that before where the TX was flashing blue for a while but the car was still working fine for a couple of sessions.  I guess the TX then dropped below a threshold and at that point the car didn't do anything with still that same flashing light on the TX.  So flashing blue meant low but still working as well as flashing blue and dead.

Swapped out the AAs and all was fine again,

Edited by MrCake
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Never really seen what the receiver does but the transmitter flashes blue (rx was tucked away in receiver box). 

The only reason I mentioned it is that I had that before where the TX was flashing blue for a while but the car was still working fine for a couple of sessions.  I guess the TX then dropped below a threshold and at that point the car didn't do anything with still that same flashing light on the TX.  So flashing blue meant low but still working as well as flashing blue and dead.

Swapped out the AAs and all was fine again,

Well they are as far as I know pretty new batteries in the TX I’ll buy a new set tomorrow and see if it makes any difference 👍

• Like 1

To say that I'm extremely unimpressed with my Absima receiver, and Asbsima the actually company who's logo is on their products is an understatement, I haven't tried their transmitters, but based off of my experience with an Asbsima receiver, and Asbsima's customer and product support, when I was recently in the market for a new and more expensive transmitter, Asbsima transmitters where very early written off as a choice not even worth the effort of looking at pictures of. 

As a brand they've left  an extremely nasty taste in my mouth, so much so that I refuse to purchase anything from them ever again.

6 hours ago, Grogg said:

To say that I'm extremely unimpressed with my Absima receiver, and Asbsima the actually company who's logo is on their products is an understatement, I haven't tried their transmitters, but based off of my experience with an Asbsima receiver, and Asbsima's customer and product support, when I was recently in the market for a new and more expensive transmitter, Asbsima transmitters where very early written off as a choice not even worth the effort of looking at pictures of. 

As a brand they've left  an extremely nasty taste in my mouth, so much so that I refuse to purchase anything from them ever again.

Wish I had known when looking for a TX/RX for the TRX4 I’ve just brought a ST-link v2 and I’m going to have a go at doing the hack on my GT3C 👍

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

Wish I had known when looking for a TX/RX for the TRX4 I’ve just brought a ST-link v2 and I’m going to have a go at doing the hack on my GT3C 👍

Do you happen to know whether you had version 1 or version 2 of the CR6S, I believe they where released almost simultaneously.

1 hour ago, Grogg said:

Do you happen to know whether you had version 1 or version 2 of the CR6S, I believe they where released almost simultaneously.

Have no clue how would I tell? 

would it be on the box or the TX/RX themselves?