• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi trophy truggy flux

Daithi.L

Hi all, I'm new to the electric rc thing , I have x3 nitros but recently bought a used electric for bashing and to try them out. I wouldn't have a clue what batterys and charger to buy and hoping use could help. I've been looking and reading a lot lately, but there are so many options I'm still completely lost. Any suggestions?

welcome to the forums Daith 👍 i guess it has the 4s standard electrics? so need a couple of 4s 4000mah and above mah for decent run times buddy ,ive been using the ZOP or ZEE 4s 4500mah from amazon good price and decent cells etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Germerse-Battery-5000mAh-Rechargeable-Helicopter/dp/B092XHKP74/ref=sr_1_13_sspa?crid=2ZB7RMUX7VJD3&keywords=4S+Lipo+zop+zee&qid=1680223914&sprefix=4s+lipo+zop+zee%2Caps%2C62&sr=8-13-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

obv make sure you get the right connector or an adapter

i get around 15mins full pelt or 20mins on tracks on my truggy, 3s packs are quite slow on a 1/8th truggy due to the weight  stay away from 6s they rip the tyres clean off haha 😂

Edited by Bajadre

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I was thinking 4s, don't realy think i have  need for much more to be honest. What charger would be needed for that link? Are the chargers for lipos universal ( if connector compatible ) or brand specific? Or would you need a different charger for 3s vs 4s batterys lets say?

That is correct.

Do you think you will charge more than one lipo at a time or only one?

Reason I ask is because you can just get a dual charger, that way you can charge 1 lipo at a different settings to the other.

if you only have a couple of batteries this will do job

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-e680-ac-dc-80w-charger-440716

if you think youl get more then maybe this

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-t100-dual-battery-lipo-balance-charger-444856

you then need the charger lead to suit your batteries

• Like 2

To be honest froggy8, that's something I never thought of and wouldn't even know why you would need to charge them at different settings haha. I'm going to say il stick to one at a time for the moment, try keep things simple ha

6 minutes ago, Daithi.L said:

To be honest froggy8, that's something I never thought of and wouldn't even know why you would need to charge them at different settings haha. I'm going to say il stick to one at a time for the moment, try keep things simple ha

If you have another rc that uses a different capacity lipo then you can use different setting per charging port.

Most of us here have more than 1 rc so it can be easier with a dual charger.

• Like 1

Alright I get you, we'll this is the only electric rc i have as the others are nitro, the idea of this one was to try it out and see how we get on first. Can't see myself getting more electric rc's at the moment as I'm better at restoring the nitros than I am at getting them out so was hoping this won't be the case with this one ha