• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello

Hello, a bit of reverse order, getting my query answered and then saying hello but here I am.

Finally starting to relive my childhood hobby after the Mrs gave the green light for a FTX Brushed Bugsta purchase.

I started off many, many moons ago with a Tamiya Mini Hopper progressing onto an OG Tamiya Monster Beetle. Fast forward a few/or so decades and I wanted to get back in the game. Older hopefully wiser and just wanting to take it over the cycle tracks at my local parks I went for the Bugsta with the hope of upgrading in the distant future.

I’m looking to capture jumps etc off the track purely for my own amusement.

I’ve already invested in a couple of 3000mah batteries to give me more runtime and hope to eventually upgrade to Lipos when I can afford it and have educated myself enough to get the longer runtimes. Sure to be asking more questions in the future and looking forward to all the fun.

9450D2BD-1789-4575-9234-D77D9C35BBCE.jpeg

Edited by SXFoxstar
Additional info
  • Like 2

Welcome!!! Similar here...

Tamiya Quickdrive Super Sabre > Tamiya Mad Cap > Tamiya Astute > Kyosho Optima > Beer > Women > Wife > Children > No RC's > Kids grow up > Relive youth

• Like 1

Thanks again to all of you who have helped answer all of my noobie queries across the forum.

After a couple of street runs over the last week the new bigger Nimhs are lasting a good 15-20 minutes so I am getting more decent time to run until I can afford to upgrade to Lipos and get even longer runtimes.  Particularly liking the ability to drive up curbs without damage with my Bugsta.

Hoping for good weather tomorrow so I can take it to my local BMX track to get some good slow mo footage etc.

Loving being back in the hobby!

• Like 1