• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky Noble NB4 Pro

totlxtc

Good review, it's a great radio. 

It just, to me, has one  glaring issue: the normal Noble NB4. At less than half the price, with most of the features (albeit no carry case etc), for the vast majority that's already more than enough radio. That's why i also don't think that it's a game changer - the normal NB4 has been out for years now (bought mine on release), sadly didn't change the game. Anyone who i got to buy one agrees that it's a stunning radio (of course the same would go for the Pro), punching way above its paygrade - but sadly, never really took off (massively, anyway). 

Indeed the two negative points you added aren't present on the normal NB4. 

But: as a fellow member of the mens club, i can relate to the "wanting shiny stuff" bit. If the Pro was out when i ordered my normal NB4 years ago, i'd have bought it too. Not out of necessity, of course, i barely utilise a quarter of the normal NB4 in terms of features - but because. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Good review, it's a great radio. 

It just, to me, has one  glaring issue: the normal Noble NB4. At less than half the price, with most of the features (albeit no carry case etc), for the vast majority that's already more than enough radio. That's why i also don't think that it's a game changer - the normal NB4 has been out for years now (bought mine on release), sadly didn't change the game. Anyone who i got to buy one agrees that it's a stunning radio (of course the same would go for the Pro), punching way above its paygrade - but sadly, never really took off (massively, anyway). 

Indeed the two negative points you added aren't present on the normal NB4. 

But: as a fellow member of the mens club, i can relate to the "wanting shiny stuff" bit. If the Pro was out when i ordered my normal NB4 years ago, i'd have bought it too. Not out of necessity, of course, i barely utilise a quarter of the normal NB4 in terms of features - but because. 

Spot on. The Noble NB4 is the way to go unless you want everything and be attracted to the shiny stuff. Its crazy you can get a NB4 for £180. Nothing around it is even close on paper!

NB4 amazing. This will be the better choice.

NB4 Pro - amazing + some bonus bits if a little pricier. Twice the price for a few extra functions, some TX jewellery, carry case and extra setup bits? I’m on the fence still.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Spot on. The Noble NB4 is the way to go unless you want everything and be attracted to the shiny stuff. Its crazy you can get a NB4 for £180. Nothing around it is even close on paper!

NB4 amazing. This will be the better choice.

NB4 Pro - amazing + some bonus bits if a little pricier. Twice the price for a few extra functions, some TX jewellery, carry case and extra setup bits? I’m on the fence still.

I mean, it does have some extra bits. Shiny bits. 

I think that one is easy to settle though. The NB4 Pro as a package is better, but the normal NB4 is better value than any other radio on the market currently. For example, truckers or people with proper "functional" models like tractors with implements etc, i could see the Pro working better there with what, 18 channels? 

Generally though, the NB4 is enough. The main issue with Pro vs normal is the price, obviously - at £180, a radio that rivals (and to a degree beats) big boi Futaba radios at £550+, at £399 the Pro is already priced like a (lower end) big boi radio. 

I'm very certain you're going to love that radio as much as i love mine, or KPowell loves his. For certain. 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Flysky have released V3.0 firmware update. Greatly improved the UI and added a load of sensor options plus a ton of new stuff that I will now have to go over.

Before and after below:

Main Screen

NB4-1.thumb.jpg.8ea27bca783cdac7ef491cfedd2dcd8d.jpg

Menu 1

NB4-2.thumb.jpg.c6dd544dea63ccbc49c3d750d9a0d7da.jpg

Menu 2

NB4-3.thumb.jpg.7deac3d45d39cc188c5cd49d197858b5.jpg

Menu 3

NB4-4.thumb.jpg.3852f54a24949328a4dc3d3e45fd4059.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to point out for people who don't know, there are 3 versions of the Noble Pro, the EN version, EU version, and the Asian version.

The EN version is for the American market, it will still work in the UK, though has different firmware that is not compatible with the EU version - if you update the EU version with the firmware for the EN version it will brick it, and the FCC firmware file, which is naughty to use in the UK.

The EU version, which is for the European market, this does not have the same range as the EN - US version, it's quite a bit less, due to British and E.U. laws

The Asian version, which is intended for the Asian market and is capable of displaying characters - Chinese characters for example which the EN/American and EU/European versions can't do.

Not to mention that there are slight differences to what's included in the package with each version.  I imported  the US/EN version because of the longer range, as well as what is included in the pack compared to the European/EU version, you can update the FCC firmware file in the EU version to run the EN FCC firmware file, but it's naughty.

See here for more details about the differences between the EN version and EU version - he doesn't really mention much about the Asian version, and explains the legalities of using the EN FCC firmware file in the UK

Edited by Grogg