• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sky t200 charger

martin34

Hi I just used my sky t200 charger for the first time.I charged two 6000mah 4s lipos at 5a(I always charge a little lower than 1c).one lipo only came to 3250mah fully charged and the other 3233mah and on the 3233mah one two of the cells were 4.22v.Any idea what's going on?Thanks for any info.

Ive always thought the ‘3250 mah’ wasnt how full the battery is? I thought that was how much ‘MAH’ youve added during the charge. Obviously a lipo’s never empty (as it should always be at least 3.0v per cell)  so youre never going to put 6000mah in?

Regarding the 4.22v, Have you set it for LIHV? I dont know if thats an option on your charger, but I can ‘overcharge’ to 4.35v per cell (I think, I never do). I know some speedrunners do this?

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive always thought the ‘3250 mah’ wasnt how full the battery is? I thought that was how much ‘MAH’ youve added during the charge. Obviously a lipo’s never empty (as it should always be at least 3.0v per cell)  so youre never going to put 6000mah in?

Regarding the 4.22v, Have you set it for LIHV? I dont know if thats an option on your charger, but I can ‘overcharge’ to 4.35v per cell (I think, I never do). I know some speedrunners do this?

Thanks I never thought of that.The cells were all around 3.8v when I started charging so that's probably how much mah I added to fully charge them👍.My lipos are LIHV but the charger was in lipo balance mode.

If your lipos actually are lihv then there’s absolutely no reason not to charge them to 4.35v/cell, that’s the whole point of buying hv….lihv balance would be the setting to use 👍🏻

Some folks do overcharge regular lipos also yes but imo that’s just dumb and asking for fire. Lihv however is made to be charged higher.

• Like 2